5 Reasons PHP is the Most Preferred Language
PHP, a server-side scripting language, is one of the most widely used languages for accomplishing development tasks such as building dynamic web pages. Since it is a server-side scripting language, it runs on a server and not on the client’s computer. This means, operations are executed on the server and are returned to the end user. This application mostly runs on the Linux servers and can be integrated with popular databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, and Microsoft SQL Server.
With almost 82 percent of the total market share, PHP is said to be the most popular server-side languages in the world. Although PHP focuses mainly on the server-side scripting, developers can do a lot more with it, such as generate dynamic web pages, send emails from a contact form, automatically collect data, track their website’s users, and build desktop applications.
In case you are wondering if PHP is better than Node.js, PHP has an advantage because it is easy to quickly trigger some logic right in the middle of HTML content.
Here are some of the reasons PHP is better than its alternatives:
1. Easy to learn : Being one of the easiest scripting languages, PHP allows developers to learn the tricks of website development quickly. PHP is similar to C and Java, and so if a developer knows how to write codes in C and Java, he or she will be able to learn PHP in no time. In addition, being one of the oldest programming languages gives PHP an edge as it is known to be the most bug-free and fastest programming language for website development.
2. Extensive support from online communities: Is PHP better or Python? Well, PHP’s vast community network of PHP makes it one of the best programming languages to deliver open source development solutions. Python lacks support even for open source projects. One of the reasons why PHP has the edge over Python is the large community of PHP developers who are continuously working to improve its performance. In case a developer faces any issues during web development with PHP, he or she can get instant help from the extensive online community.
3. Plenty of suitable frameworks: Regardless of the nature of your web development task, you can easily find the appropriate PHP framework. This can be related to the fact that the PHP has a diverse online community with possible solutions to almost every PHP-related problem. In addition, because of such a popular online community, there is an abundance of PHP frameworks. This makes finding a relevant PHP framework for your specific project will never be a problem.
4. Runs on almost all platforms: The ability to run on almost every platform allows PHP to operate on different systems, including Linux, UNIX, Windows and Mac OS. This flexibility makes PHP better than java. In addition, PHP supports all major web servers such as Apache, Netscape, iPlanet server, Microsoft IIS, etc. Because PHP works well across different operating systems, it runs successfully on all major platforms.
5. Cost Effectiveness: Coming to the pricing, PHP is cost-effective, which makes PHP better than asp.net. Although ASP.NET can be run using Mono in Linux, it does give issues. So, if you are working on a small to medium sized project, PHP will be the best choice.
Simply put, PHP is all you need to build a faster and efficient website and web applications. It gives you exactly what you need without much hassles or bugs. In the current cutthroat environment when businesses are looking for ways to cut costs, PHP can enable you to go online without spending a fortune.