An Overview of HTML5
HTML5 is the latest and enhanced version of HTML with new elements, improved attributes, and user-friendly behaviors. The goal of this version is to improve the language's functionalities providing support for the latest multimedia and to keep the word easily readable by users as well as machines. The new version is backward-compatible with older versions. We have one of the most and biggest updated online collection of HTML5 interview questions.
Features of HTML5
Here is the features of HTML5 is listed below:
- Editing content within element and "required" form attribute
- Figure tag and SVG element
- Web fonts
- Transition and Animation
- Web Icons
- Easily implemented audio, video, map with these tags
Are you looking to impress your boss and grab the upcoming promotion at work? Here are the most common HTML5 interview questions to help you do that.
HTML5 includes extensive processing models to encourage interoperable implementations. HTML5 aims to extend and improve the markup available for existing documents. The latest version has also introduced markup and APIs for complex web apps. HTML5 is suitable for cross-platform mobile apps as this version contains features that are designed keeping low-powered devices in mind — going through HTML5 interview questions for experienced professionals before your job interview can enhance your chances of getting your dream job.
In 1991, Tim Berners-Lee invented HTML. The first public draft for HTML5 was released in 2008. In 2017, W3C recommended HTML version 5.2. Read more about this if you are preparing for HTML5 interview questions.
The newest version is HTML5.2, which was released in December 2017.
html5 Interview Questions and answers
- What is the difference between HTML & html5?
- What are the features of html5?
- What is an API and list the API's available in HTML5
- What is the Geolocation API in HTML5? Explain
- What is the difference between the <svg> and <canvas> tag in html5?
- What is local storage in HTML5? How it is used?
- What are the different types of storage in html5? Explain
- What is the use of <audio> and <video> tags in Html5?
- What is the use of <fieldset>?
- What is Web SQL Database in Html 5? Explain
- What is MathML in Html5?
- What is the difference between an <article> and <section> in Html5?
- What is a Web Worker in Html5? Explain
- What is the purpose of <! Doctype html>? Explain
- What is the new Structural Elements in HTML5?
- What is Meta tags? Why it is used?
- What is html5 new input type?
- What is hyperlink? why it is used?
- Can we use multiple <header> and <footer> elements in html5?
- What is the difference between <div> and <span> tag?
- What is semantic elements in html5? list some semantic elements
- Is local storage secure?
- What are custom attributes in Html5? Explain
- What is <iframe> and why we can use this?
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our html5 Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
|1.||The primary language for making web pages.||The fifth and latest version of HTML|
|2.||Audio/Video not a part||Audio/Video an important part|
|3.||Browser cache used for temporary storage||Application cache, web SQL DB, ad web storage used as temporary storage.|
API (Application Programming Interfaces) in HTML5 is a way to build different applications using pre-built components. Developers can integrate the relevant features of existing APIs into their new websites.
The APIs in HTML5 are:
- DOM Level 1
- DOM Level 2 Core
- DOM Level 2 HTML
- DOM Level 3
|1.||Resolution dependent||Resolution independent|
|2.||No support for event handlers||Provides support for event handlers|
|3.||Suitable for graphic-intensive||Ideal for creating graphics similar to CAD software|
|3.||Works best for small rendering areas||Works even for large rendering areas|
HTML5 has introduced the concept of Local Storage, which is used to access a web page's local storage area without any time limit. Local storage is available whenever the user wants to use the web page.
The data stored in Local Storage does not get automatically deleted when the browser window is closed; it only gets removed when deleted manually. In local storage, the data is stored using a key and value.
In HTML5, data can be stored in 2 ways – session storage and local storage.
- Session Storage: The data or details from the current browsing session are stored. Once the browser gets closer by the user, the storage data gets removed.
- Local Storage: The data does not get cleared automatically when the user closes the browser.
The <fieldset> tag in HTML5 is used to group together related form elements. A <fieldset> must begin with a <legend> tag because this tag will define the title of the fieldset. By using <fieldset> tag and <legend> tag together, designers can make their forms easier to understand and use.
The syntax for <fieldset> tag is: <fieldset>Controls</fieldset>
Web SQL is not a part of HTML5. It is a separate specification that helps in developing web apps. Web SQL is used to manage the client-side database because it stores data on the client side, not on the server side. A Web SQL database works only in latest versions of Google Chrome, Safari, and Opera browsers.
MathML is Mathematical Markup Language. This language is used to show scientific and mathematical content on web pages. HTML5 allows you to use MathML elements in a document using <math>...</math> tags.
A mathematical expression should be inserted in the element <math> with a specified namespace as shown below: <math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"> </math>
|1.||Represents self-contained composition||Represents a generic section of an app or document|
|2.||Appropriate if contents are listed in the document's outline.||Mostly theme-based groups of content|
|3.||They are identified by including heading as a child of article element.||Identified by including heading as a child of section element.|
A web worker in HTML5 is a script that runs on a separate thread in the background without the need for the main web page to wait for it to complete. Web Workers enable long tasks to be achieved without keeping the web page responsive.
There are two types of web workers - Dedicated workers and Shared workers.
The in HTML5 refers to indicating to the web browser about the version of HTML in which the page is created. Neither there is an end tag is not is it case sensitive.
In HTML5, declaration should be the first thing before HTML tag. This is because of all previous version before HTML5 followed Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML). Because HTML5 does not follow SGML, it does not require references to DTD (Document Type Definition).
HTML5 has introduced the following structural elements for defining different parts of a web page:
- <header>: Represents HTML's header data
- <footer>: Footer of the page
- <nav>: Represents page's navigation elements
- <article>: Content that is self-contained
- <section>: Defines sections or groups content into sections
- <aside>: Refers to side bar contents
HTML5 has introduced new input types for forms. Designers can build interactive and user-friendly web forms by using these input types. The new input types also provide improved data validation, better color picker controls, and enhanced input control.
The new input types are:
|1.||Gives output with "display: inline"||Gives output with "display: block"|
|2.||In-line element||Block level element|
|3.||Used to add style to text||Used to create CSS layouts|
Custom attributes are one of the most important new features in HTML5. They play an integral role in semantic development. Custom attributes are designed to store custom data private to web page or application for which there are no other attributes. Because custom attributes are valid in HTML5, they get used in all browsers that support HTML5 doctypes.
All attributes in HTML5 on an element starts with "data-" like data-type="best", data-distance="4km", data-identifier="bestinterviewquestion.com".
The <iframe> tag is used to indicate an inline frame, or, a browsing context that is nested. It allows outside documents to be inserted in the main HTML document seamlessly. Inline frames are mostly used in online advertising, where the contents of the iframe can e an ad from a third party.