CSS3 interview questions
It is a simple yet advanced design language aimed to simplify the process of making web pages more presentable. As it handles the look and feels of web pages, users can control text color, font style, layout for paragraphs & columns, layout designs, display variation for different devices and screen sizes, and plenty more. We will discuss a set of most interviewer asked CSS3 interview questions further here for your acknowledgment. As it’s easy to learn but offers powerful control over the HTML document presentation, most of the online businesses are hiring CSS experts to manage their HTML web pages exclusively.
Best CSS3 interview questions And Answers
|1.||Mostly focused on offering various formatting features||Focused on improve the design of web pages.|
|2.||Missing features such as layer design, page element addition, special effects, etc.||Easier to use and includes plenty of features that were missing on CSS.|
|3.||Can’t split into modules||Can split into multiple modules|
|4.||Only support single text blocks||Multi-column text blocks are supported here.|
In CSS3, the linear gradient starts at the top with the color red, transitioning to yellow and later to blue. It sets a linear gradient as the background image. Users have to define at least two color stops to create a linear gradient.
In CSS3, gradients let users display smooth transitions two or number of specified colors.
CSS defines two types of gradients, which are:
- Linear Gradients: It goes up/down/right/left/diagonally
- Radial Gradients: Usually defined by its center
CSS3 selector is a part of the CSS3 rule set that selects the content that the user wants to style.
There are different types of selectors available in CSS3.
- Universal Selector
- ID Selector
- Element Type Selector
- Class Selector
- Chile Combinator
- Descendant Combinator
- General Sibling Combinator
- Adjacent Sibling Combinator
- Attribute Selector
The media query is a technique used to produce a tailored style sheet, better known as responsive web design, to desktops, tablets, laptops, and other mobile devices. We can also use media queries to specify certain styles required for printed documents or for screen readers.
In CSS3, the attr() function is used to retrieve the value of an attribute of the element selected and use it in the style sheet. This function also can be used on pseudo-elements, in which case pseudo-element's originating element attribute value will be returned.
CSS is founded by Hakon Wium Lie and first released on December 17, 1996, as an official World Wide Web Consortium. CSS3 is the most advanced version of CSS and was released in June 1999.
There are three types of CSS available for users as following,
- Inline CSS: It contains CSS property in the body section attached with the element.
- Embedded CSS: Used to style a single HTML document uniquely.
- External CSS: It contains separate CSS files which contain only style property with the use of tag attributes.
It has a total of 10 media types supported it. Here are those:
- All - Intended for all devices
- Braille - Braille tactile feedback devices
- Aural – Used for speech synthesizers
- Embossed – Used for paged Braille printers
- Print – Applies for printed documents
- Handheld – Applies for handheld devices
- TTY – Used for media including a fixed-pitch character grid
- TV – Used for television-type devices
- Screen – Required for computer screens
- Projection – Used for projected presentations
The border-radius property is used to give any element rounded corners. This property defines the radius of an element’s edge.
- top-left corner, top-right corner, bottom-right corner, and bottom-left corner (Use of four values)
- top-left corner, top-right, and bottom-left corners, and bottom-right corner (Use of three values)
- top-left and bottom-right corners, and top-right and bottom-left corners (Use of two values)
- The value applies for all four corners equally
The box-shadow property is used to add shadow effects around any element’s frame. Users can set multiple effects to a portion separated by commas. Usually, it is described by X and Y offsets relative to the part, color, and blur and spread radii.
box-shadow: 3px 13px #999999;
The CSS3 has included 147 additional color keywords introduced in it. CSS3 also offers a number of other color options to users such as HSLA, HSL, and RGBA. These color types also have the ability to declare semitransparent colors.
The calc() function in CSS3 is used for simple calculations to determine CSS property values present right in CSS. It allows mathematical expressions with addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to be used as component values.
- Saves time with web designing and development
- Easy to maintain and superior to HTML
- Better device and browser compatibility
Let’s discuss best interview questions on CSS3 prepared by industry niche experts for your acknowledgment. These CSS3 interview questions are suitable for experienced as well as beginners.
As web design plays a vital role these days to draw some potential customers, it enhances not only the look and feel of a website but also magnets more numbers of clients and eventually better ROI.