An Overview of HTML
HTML refers for Hypertext Markup Language, which is a text-based approach to describing how content is structured in an HTML file. HTML is not a programming language. It just tells a web browser how to structure content, graphics, and multimedia on a web page. Commonly used HTML tags include h1; h2; div; table; and form etc. The most significant advantage of HTML is that it comes with in-built tools for creating responsive websites as well as interface components. We have an impressive collection of HTML Interview Questions and Answers that is a must read for all developers and designers!
Development History: Tim Berners-Lee was the primary author of HTML. The first version of HTML was published in June 1993.
Key points about HTML:
- HTML is the building block for developing websites.
- Universally accepted standard for making sure search engines can find your web pages on relevant searches.
- HTML tags are case-insensitive.
- Browsers use HTML tags to render the content of the web page.
Latest Version: HTML5 is the newest version.
Are you looking to impress your boss and grab the upcoming promotion at work? Here are the most common HTML interview questions to help you do that.
Advantages of HTML
- Offers SEO benefits.
- HTML is widely used and supported by most browsers.
- HTML 5 Provides us storage options are more reliable.
- It is not a proprietary code, so you do not need to pay a royalty for using it.
- Coding is simple, clear and consistent. Even new programmers can use it with ease.
These HTML interview questions will help you prepare for your upcoming job interview as well and fast-track your career. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced HTML developer, these Questions & Answers are all you need to succeed in your next interview.
html Interview Questions and answers
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our html Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
- What is HTML and why it is used for?
- What is full form of HTML and who is created this?
- What is the meaning of <!DOCTYPE>?
- What is heading tag and why it is used for?
- Explain the Advantages and disadvantages of HTML?
- What is the latest version of HTML?
- What is <form> tag and why it is used?
- How many types of list tag are using in HTML?
- What is <table> tag and why it is used for?
- Do all HTML tags have an end tag?
- What is formatting in HTML? Explain some formatting tags?
- What is semantic HTML?
- How to create links in HTML?
- How to create nested web page in HTML?
- What is HTML tag attributes?
- What is <img> tag?
- Please explain empty elements in HTML?
- What is the use of <span> tag?
- What is the difference between HTML 4 and HTML 5?
- What is reset and submit buttons?
- What is the difference between <header> and <footer> tag?
- What are new input form validations in HTML5?
- How to create mail and phone link in HTML?
- Explain Basic structure of html5?
- What are meta tags in HTML?
- What is SVG?
- How to add a copyright symbol on your web page?
- What is marquee?
- How to tags migrated from HTML4 to HTML5?
- How to insert a comment in an HTML page?
- What are the different new form element types in HTML 5?
- Explain the advantage of collapsing white space?
- What is an image map?
HTML is a language of www (world wide web). It is a text formatting language that gives us webpage structure. HTML elements are represented by tags. HTML is used to make interactive and dynamic websites — all web pages created by HTML tags.
HTML Stands for Hypertext Markup Language, and Berners Lee created it in 1991.
This is not an html tag. The <!DOCTYPE> syntax should be the first thing in HTML page, before the <html> tag. It is an instruction to the web browser about what version of HTML the page is written in. In HTML 4 we used <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC ‘-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN’ ‘http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd’> But now in HTML 5 we used only <!DOCTYPE html>
HTML Heading tags can be used to define as a title or a subtitle which you want to display on your page. When you place the text in the heading tags <h1> This is your page title</h1>, These heading tags displayed on the browser in the bold format and size of the text depends on the number of heading.
There are six different HTML headings which are defined with the <h1> to <h6> tags. h1 is the largest heading tag, and h6 is the smallest one. So h1 is used for most important heading, and h6 is used for least important.
- HTMl is widely used.
- Every web browser supports HTML language.
- It is easy to use and learn.
- It is by default in every window, so you don't need to purchase extra software.
- HTML is used for a static web page, not for dynamic
- Need to write a lot of code for making a simple webpage.
- Security features are not useful in HTML.
<form> tag are used to making forms on web pages. These forms are used to interact directly with users. Its elements are different types of input, like text fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, submit buttons and more. Attributes of these <form> tag are action, method, name, class, id, etc. The <input> tag can be displayed in many ways, depending on the type attribute.
<input type="text" name="First_name">
<input type="text" name="Last_name">
In HTML, Lists are used to specify lists of various types of information. All records items may contain one or more elements.
Types of HTML lists are listed below:
- Ordered List(ol)
- Unordered List(ul)
- Description List(dl)
// Ordered List
// Un ordered List
In HTML, <table> tag is a block elements used to create a table. It is useful when you want to represent data using rows and columns. The basic elements that make up a table include <th>, <td>, and <tr>.
<iframe> is used to display a nested web page. In other words, <iframe> represents a page contents within a page. The HTML <iframe> tag defines an inline frame
It is a simpler doctype declaration is just one of the many novelties in HTML5. Now have to write only: <!doctype html> and this is it. But in HTML4 we used <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC ‘-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN’ ‘http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd’> In HTML5 we used various new tags like : <footer>, <header>, <video>, <audio>, <section>, <article>, <figure>, <center> etc
The new input types for form validation are email, URL, number, tel, and date. With the help of the required attribute, it will work. Also if we want specific validation, then we have to add input type "text" or "email" or "tel."
<meta charset ="UTF-8">
<title>Best interview questions</title>
<header> <nav></nav> </header>
It is used to explain the two-dimensional vector and raster graphics. SVG images and their behaviors are defined in XML files. So as XML files, you can create and update SVG image with the text editor. It is mostly used for vector type diagrams like pie charts, 2-Dimensional graphs in an X, Y coordinate system.
<marquee> is used to put the text scrolling which is in scrolling mode on a web page. It scrolls the text or images up, down, left or right automatically. You have to put the content which you want to scroll in between the <marquee>......</marquee> tag.
There are lots of new elements are using in html5 that are given below:-
White spaces are a new sequence of space characters, which is treated as a single space character in HTML. Because the browser collapses multiple areas into a single space, we can indent lines of text without worrying about various fields. It enables you to organize the HTML code into a more human readable format.
Image map lets the user link to many different web pages using a single image. We can define shapes in pictures that we want to make part of an image mapping. It is the process of establishing unique ways inside a photo and links it to different destinations.