An Overview of HTML
HTML refers for Hypertext Markup Language, which is a text-based approach to describing how content is structured in an HTML file. HTML is not a programming language. We have an impressive collection of HTML Interview Questions and Answers that is a must read for all developers and designers!. It just tells a web browser how to structure content, graphics, and multimedia on a web page. Commonly used HTML tags include h1; h2; div; table; and form etc. The most significant advantage of HTML is that it comes with in-built tools for creating responsive websites as well as interface components.
Development History: Tim Berners-Lee was the primary author of HTML. The first version of HTML was published in June 1993.
Key points about HTML:
- HTML is the building block for developing websites.
- Universally accepted standard for making sure search engines can find your web pages on relevant searches.
- HTML tags are case-insensitive.
- Browsers use HTML tags to render the content of the web page.
Latest Version: HTML5 is the newest version of HTML.
Are you looking to impress your boss and grab the upcoming promotion at work? Here are the most common HTML interview questions to help you do that.
Advantages of HTML
- Offers SEO benefits.
- HTML is widely used and supported by most browsers.
- HTML 5 Provides us storage options are more reliable.
- It is not a proprietary code, so you do not need to pay a royalty for using it.
- Coding is simple, clear and consistent. Even new programmers can use it with ease.
These HTML interview questions will help you prepare for your upcoming job interview as well and fast-track your career. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced HTML developer, these Questions & Answers are all you need to succeed in your next interview.
You can also check the collection of various other interview questions and answers
- HTML 5 interview questions
- CSS interview questions
- CSS3 interview questions
- Jquery interview questions
html Interview Questions and answers
- What is HTML and why it is used for?
- What is the meaning of <!DOCTYPE>?
- How many types of list tag are using in HTML?
- What is semantic HTML?
- How to tags migrated from HTML4 to HTML5?
- How to create nested web page in HTML?
- What is the difference between HTML4 and HTML5?
- What are new input form validations in HTML5?
- What is SVG?
- How to create mail and phone link in HTML?
- How to add a copyright symbol on your web page?
- What are the different new form element types in HTML 5?
- Explain the advantage of collapsing white space?
- What is full form of HTML and who is created this?
- What is heading tag and why it is used for?
- Explain the Advantages and disadvantages of HTML?
- What is the latest version of HTML?
- What is <form> tag and why it is used?
- What is <table> tag and why it is used for?
- Do all HTML tags have an end tag?
- What is formatting in HTML? Explain some formatting tags?
- How to create links in HTML?
- What is HTML tag attributes?
- What is <img> tag?
- Please explain empty elements in HTML?
- What is the use of <span> tag?
- What is reset and submit buttons?
- What is the difference between <header> and <footer> tag?
- Explain Basic structure of html5?
- What are meta tags in HTML?
- What is marquee?
- How to insert a comment in an HTML page?
- What is an image map?
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our html Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
HTML is a language of www (world wide web). It is a text formatting language that gives us webpage structure. HTML elements are represented by tags. HTML is used to make interactive and dynamic websites — all web pages created by HTML tags.
This is not an html tag. The <!DOCTYPE> syntax should be the first thing in HTML page, before the <html> tag. It is an instruction to the web browser about what version of HTML the page is written in. In HTML 4 we used <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC ‘-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN’ ‘http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd’> But now in HTML 5 we used only <!DOCTYPE html>
In HTML, Lists are used to specify lists of various types of information. All records items may contain one or more elements.
Types of HTML lists are listed below:
- Ordered List(ol)
- Unordered List(ul)
- Description List(dl)
Note: You can easily get marks in this HTML Interview Questions by just naming the types of lists in HTML.
// Ordered List
// Un ordered List
|1.||The primary language for making web pages.||The fifth and latest version of HTML|
|2.||We can not use <audio>,<video> tags in HTML4||Now <audio>, <video> is the part of HTML5|
|3.||We can not track location||Easily tracking location with geolocation in HTML|
|4.||Browser cache used for temporary storage||Application cache, web SQL DB, ad web storage used as temporary storage.|
|5.||<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">||<!DOCTYPE html>|
Note: You can also check our latest blog for Difference between HTML and HTML5
The new input types for form validation are email, URL, number, tel, and date. With the help of the required attribute, it will work. Also if we want specific validation, then we have to add input type "text" or "email" or "tel."
Note: Learn the basic validations with HTML tags and work to crack the HTML Interview Questions.
It is used to explain the two-dimensional vector and raster graphics. SVG images and their behaviors are defined in XML files. So as XML files, you can create and update SVG image with the text editor. It is mostly used for vector type diagrams like pie charts, 2-Dimensional graphs in an X, Y coordinate system.
There are lots of new elements are using in html5 that are given below:-
White spaces are a new sequence of space characters, which is treated as a single space character in HTML. Because the browser collapses multiple areas into a single space, we can indent lines of text without worrying about various fields. It enables you to organize the HTML code into a more human readable format.
HTML Stands for Hypertext Markup Language, and Berners Lee created it in 1991.
HTML Heading tags can be used to define as a title or a subtitle which you want to display on your page. When you place the text in the heading tags <h1> This is your page title</h1>, These heading tags displayed on the browser in the bold format and size of the text depends on the number of heading.
There are six different HTML headings which are defined with the <h1> to <h6> tags. h1 is the largest heading tag, and h6 is the smallest one. So h1 is used for most important heading, and h6 is used for least important.
- HTMl is widely used.
- Every web browser supports HTML language.
- It is easy to use and learn.
- It is by default in every window, so you don't need to purchase extra software.
- HTML is used for a static web page, not for dynamic
- Need to write a lot of code for making a simple webpage.
- Security features are not useful in HTML.
<form> tag are used to making forms on web pages. These forms are used to interact directly with users. Its elements are different types of input, like text fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, submit buttons and more. Attributes of these <form> tag are action, method, name, class, id, etc. The <input> tag can be displayed in many ways, depending on the type attribute.
<input type="text" name="First_name">
<input type="text" name="Last_name">
<meta charset ="UTF-8">
<title>Best interview questions</title>
<header> <nav></nav> </header>
<marquee> is used to put the text scrolling which is in scrolling mode on a web page. It scrolls the text or images up, down, left or right automatically. You have to put the content which you want to scroll in between the <marquee>......</marquee> tag.
Image map lets the user link to many different web pages using a single image. We can define shapes in pictures that we want to make part of an image mapping. It is the process of establishing unique ways inside a photo and links it to different destinations.