8 Tips and Tricks to crack Go programming Interviews
Go programming is an open-source programming language which is basically used for the development of reliable and efficient software. The programming language is developed by Google in the year 2007, by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike and Ken Thompson. In general, Go language is designed as a system language, has a focus on concurrency, and is “concurrent, herbage collected and expressive”.
In this blog, a set of Best interview questions are designed that will help you to crack Go programming interviews. The design patterns of Go programming language provide generic solutions for reoccurring problems. This language solves the problems which are addressed by well-configured design patterns. Moreover, the language is strongly and statically typed which provides inbuilt support for concurrent programming and garbage collection. Some of the basic fundamentals and tips are suggested in the blog post that will provide the direction plan to candidates to crack Golang interview questions.
While we would suggest the intended audience to learn Go programming thoroughly before facing an interview, this blog post will give you special tips that help you to crack Go interview questions that one might confront while job interview.
8 Tips and Tricks to crack Go programming Interviews
1. Explore Go programming language concepts (Strengthen your fundamentals)
It is quite important to strengthen the basic fundamentals of Go language primarily object-oriented concepts like objects, methods, embedding, interfaces, dynamic dispatch, packages, information hiding (Abstraction), object creation, multiple return parameters, etc. For example, if you are going to work for Go programming software application then it is important for you to grip the basic fundamentals of an object-oriented language.
2. Important points of Go programming
There are some of the important points that make Go programming language different from C programming language-
- Object-oriented without inheritance
- Syntax sugar declaration
- Static and strong data types
- Functions and methods (With receivers)
- Interfaces with no declaration ( duck typing)
- Unused imports and variables occur compile error
- The excellent and complete standard library
- Visibility with the first letter or symbol
- No exceptions (Error Interface)
3. Select important topics to prepare Golang interviews
In order to crack the Go programming interview, it is mandatory to extract important topics. Nevertheless, there is a list of important topics that I suggest-
- String literals
- Go programming packages
- Go programming workplace
- GOPATH environment variable
- Testing modules
- String types
- Built-in supports
- Goroutine in Go programming language
- Multiline strings
- String formatting
- Go interfaces
- Type assertion
- SOLID design principles
- Common networking protocols
- Algorithms and data structures
4. Coding skills and technical knowledge
Coding is undertaken once the design phase is complete and the design documents have been successfully reviewed. In the coding phase, very module identified and specified in the design document is independently coded and unit tested. It is important for the candidate to prior practice programming-
- The primary goal of the coding phase is to translate the given design into source code in a given programming language (Go programming), so that code can be easily tested and understand by the team members.
- Candidate should have technical knowledge about the top-down and bottom-up approach.
- Candidate must possess knowledge about structured programming.
- Candidate must have knowledge about coding standards such as indentation, inline comments, Structured programming, classes, subroutines, methods, source file, variable names, use of braces, compiler warning, line length, spacing, wrapping lines, etc.
5. Must have knowledge about basic data structures and algorithms
While preparing for Go programming interview it is important for the candidate to know data structure and algorithms such as
- Linear search
- Binary search
- Interpolation search
- Bubble sort
- Section sort
- Shell sort
- Insertion sort
- Comb sort
- Merge sort
- Radix sort
- Pancake sort
- Binary tree
- Linked list
- Median of medians
- LIFO stack and FIFO queue
- Levenshtein distance
- Morris-Pratt (KMP) algorithm
- Tower of Hanoi algorithm etc.
6. Stay focused
In general, the focus is being careful and paying special attention to a particular topic or thing for the achievement of positive results. In order to learn and grab the important concepts and basic of any programming language, it is quite important for the candidate to be in focus.
7. Solve every problem (Problem-solving skills)
For a software developer, problem-solving skills play an imperative role as every difficult situation requires a solution. In order to solve a particular programming-related problem, the candidate should know how to solve a given situation by giving verified and intellectual answer. In general, it is a process of identifying the problem, prioritizing and selecting alternatives for the solution and evaluating the outcomes.
8. Analytical skills
In general, analytical skills are the ability in which candidates can think logically to analyze and gather information. In other words, it is an ability to visualize, articulate and solve problems using programming and logical concepts. It is important to analyze the problem given by the interviewer than try to solve with the use of logical and programming skills.
Hope you find this blog post useful and worth sharing to crack Go programming interviews. All the tips and tricks that would be useful for cracking interview are suggested with proper description. Best interview questions have been outlined in the blog post. However, it is advised to the candidate to do research more to ensure their best position.