What is pgAdmin and how do you set up pgAdmin?
PgAdmin is a free, open-source PostgreSQL database administration GUI that is used in Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux systems. PgAdmin is used for database server information retrieval, development process, Quality testing, and other ongoing maintenance.
Follow these steps to install PgAdmin:
- Launch pgAdmin 4.
- Go to the “Dashboard” tab, click on the “Quick Link” section and then click on “Add new Server”
- Now, select the “Connection” tab in the “Create-Server” window.
- Now, configure the connection as follows:
- Enter your server's IP address in the “Hostname/Address” field.
- Specify the “Port” as “5432”.