Office 365 Interview Questions and Answers
We all are familiar with Microsoft Office 365 as its products and services are used for various business technologies. It is a subscription-based service from which we can access various office tools like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and many more. Demand for this technology is so huge in the market that one can think of making their career by going through these various Office 365 Interview Questions and Answers.
|Quick Facts About Office 365
|When did Office 365 release?
|28th June 2011
|Who is the developer of Office 365?
|What language does Office 365 use?
|Windows, macOS, Android, iOS
Office 365 comes with other tools like email clients, calendar applications and meeting scheduler to take care of all the possible tools required on an enterprise level.
Most Frequently Asked O365 interview questions
Office 365 is a cloud-based service aiming to improve the productivity of companies. Moreover, you can get a variety of services like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint by purchasing a subscription.
Office 365 is considered to be the best tool for businesses to simplify their operations. This offers various security features, communication channels, and other services to companies. Moreover, you will get all the latest apps and if any update comes you won't have to pay any extra amount.
This is one of the most common interview questions on Office 365.
|Make a one-time, single payment.
|Pay an affordable monthly charge or opt to make a one-time payment to save money.
|Obtain Office apps, such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
|Obtain the most recent fully installed Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote editions for Mac or Windows. You'll always receive bug fixes, security patches, and new features.
|You won't receive any new features, but safety fixes are included. Major release upgrades are not covered.
|Your applications will continue to progress. Along with security updates and bug fixes, you'll receive all the most recent features and upgrades.
|On a PC or Mac, one-time purchases can only be installed once.
|You can use Office applications on any device, regardless of where you are, by installing Microsoft 365. Phones, iPads, Macs, and PCs are all included in this.
|Easily access and safely store your files on the cloud from any location. Each user of Microsoft 365 Family is granted 1 TB of cloud storage.
|Installation-only initial technical support is provided
|For technical support, billing inquiries, or assistance with your membership, get in touch with the experts at no additional cost during your subscription.
Here are some key components of Office 365 and how they work together.
- OneDrive- OneDrive is available to you based on the plan type you select when signing up. A cloud-based solution for file storage is OneDrive. You can use the service to save all of your files—documents, photos, videos, etc.—on your cloud drive online.
- Outlook- Microsoft Outlook is a free personal email service that offers a webmail interface, calendaring, contacts, and tasks services. It can also be accessed via email clients using the IMAP or POP protocols.
- Sway- This is a presentation program that allows users to create a presentable website with the help of available tools.
- Excel- Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program that allows users to format, organize, and calculate data. It is part of Microsoft's Office product group for business applications.
- Microsoft Secure Score- Microsoft Secure Score is a numerical summary of an organization's security posture. It's based on system configurations, user behavior, and other security-related measurements. A higher score indicates more recommended actions taken.
So, how do they work? They work together by offering you real-time collaboration, communication, and enhanced productivity. You can easily access all the required tools whenever you need them based on your needs.
This is one of the tricky O365 interview questions. The method used by Office 365 to provide data security and compliance:
- Data encryption
- Data loss prevention (DLP)
- Compliance features
- Office 365 also offers multi-factor authentication, advanced threat protection, identity and access management, and compliance and data protection.
FastTrack deployment is a service offered by Microsoft for customers who purchase an Office 365 subscription. The FastTrack service is designed to help customers deploy and adopt Office 365 by providing resources, tools, and support to ensure a smooth transition to the new platform.
The FastTrack deployment process involves steps that help customers plan, configure, and deploy Office 365. These steps include:
- Envision: Understanding business goals and objectives, identifying success criteria, and defining scope and timelines.
- Onboard: Configuring Office 365, migrating data, and setting up user accounts and access.
- Drive Value: Ensuring users understand and adopt the new tools and measuring success against defined criteria.
- Maintain: Ongoing management of the environment to ensure optimal performance, security, and compliance.
The FastTrack service includes access to tools, such as the FastTrack Ready portal, which provides step-by-step guidance for each stage of the deployment process, and access to Microsoft engineers and deployment specialists who can provide additional support and guidance as needed.
Modern working methods are unlocked by Microsoft 365. You may feel secure knowing that you have the resources to help you adjust from any location, whether you're working from home or if something urgent comes up while you're away.
Some of the features:
- Collaborate with selected peers- You can quickly share files and work with trustworthy peers to edit from someone else's perspective if you'd like. Only the individuals you choose to collaborate with can view and modify shared files.
- Collaborate as a team- You want to collaborate with people, attend meetings, arrange files, and develop ideas with ease. Everyone can collaborate as a single unit using Microsoft Teams; regardless of who is working online or in a different time zone, everything will be done.
- Start a team- You'll have a central location in the cloud to exchange data, communicate, and work together with Microsoft Teams.
- Start the cloud- Working with files in OneDrive gives you the basic tools you need to share, edit, and work together. You won't have to deal with email attachments, managing numerous versions, or being confined to your work computer anymore.
- Real-time monitoring- Convey ideas openly and organically while conversing with your colleagues. Create the PowerPoint inside of Teams so that anyone can simply view it, add content, and change the slides simultaneously with one another.
The following measures can maintain a balance between the organic Growth of Groups and Governance:
- Controlling who can create Microsoft 365 groups
- Enabling group soft delete and restoration to avoid any unnecessary actions
- Applying a group naming policy to block specific words from being used
- Keeping a group expiration policy so that administrators have to manage groups properly
- Maintaining a group guest access policy
- Extensive group policies for information protection
- Upgrading traditional collaboration tools to share tools and improve productivity
- Having a group report dashboard for analyzing individual projects on a granular level.
Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Office 2019 have the following differences:
|Microsoft Office 365
|Microsoft Office 2019
|This is a monthly or annual subscription to multiple Microsoft Tools over multiple devices.
|This is a one-time subscription for availing access to Microsoft Office Tools like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
|Includes both security and features update
|Includes only security updates, not any major updates
|Can be installed and used from multiple devices at the same time
|Can be installed on only a single device
|Extra apps Like Microsoft OneDrive Cloud when signing into Microsoft 365
|No extra features included in the mobile apps
|Includes technical help and online support features
|No technical support available
SharePoint Online lets users store, share, and manage content. It's the cloud version of SharePoint. It is a deployment option that gives businesses more control and customization capabilities.
Here are some differences between SharePoint Online and SharePoint On-Premises:
|SharePoint Online is accessible from the cloud.
|SharePoint On-Premises requires a company to run on-site hardware to access the program.
|Hardware and software
|SharePoint Online doesn't require special infrastructure.
|SharePoint On-Premises requires the purchase of specialized hardware and software infrastructure.
|Control and customization
|There are some limitations with SharePoint online.
|SharePoint On-Premises will give you full control over your environment and let you add new features.
The Microsoft 365 Conditional Access Policies feature enables you to implement a fully automated and conditional access control for accessing various apps on your cloud.
- Office 365 can only be utilized online, while applications installed locally Office 2016 applications are available regardless of internet connection.
- Office 365 is primarily a cloud service that gives access to various applications, tools, and services that are built around a subscription plan whereas Office 2016 is a "buy once up-front and install" software program
- Office 2016 applications are available in the Office 365 subscription plan for local installation.
- For users who are home, Office 365 includes access to cloud-based applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and One Note, and cloud-based services that include One Drive and Skype, and Skype, while Office 2016 does not include Skype from the service.
- The Access and Publisher apps are available. Publishers are only available in Office 2016. It is available as a Desktop install.
- Office 365 business users can sign up for additional cloud services such as SharePoint, Yammer, and Microsoft Teams whereas Office 2016 does not offer any of these services for business.
If you are reading this article, high chances are that your interview is scheduled in the upcoming days. Well in the end everyone wants some short and smart tips to crack the interview apart from reading only and only about the topic. Here you go-
- Your first impression is your last impression, so set it.
- Prepare a short and smart elevator pitch of 30 - 60 sec about “ Tell me about yourself”.
- You must read about the company, employer before your interview to show your interest.
- Learn to say “ I Don’t Know” if you don’t know the answer.
- Try to answer the question by not saying only “YES” and “No”.
- Last but not least, always follow up with your interview and send a Thankyou note.