What is formatting in HTML? Explain some formatting tags?
It is a process of formatting text for a much better look and feels. There are various formatting tags available in HTML. These formatting tags are used to make text bold, italicized, or underlined. There are 12 options available that how text appears in HTML pages.
There are 12 HTML formatting tags are listed below
- Bold Text If you write anything in between <b>............</b> tag, is shown in bold letters.
- Italic Text If you write anything in between <i>............</i> tag, is shown in italic letters.
- HTML Marked formatting If you want to highlight text in a webpage, you should write the content within <mark>....</mark> tag.
- Underlined Text If you write any text within <u>.........</u> tag, is shown in highlighted text.
- Strike Text Anything written in between <strike>....</strike> tag is displayed with strikethrough the page. It is a type of thin line which crosses the statement.
- Monospaced Font If you want the same width of every content then you should write the text in between <tt>.............</tt> tag.
- Superscript Text If you put the text in between <sup>..............</sup> tag, is shown in superscript. It is displayed half a character's height above the other characters.
- Subscript Text If you put the text in between <sub>..............</sub> tag, is shown in subscript. It means is displayed half a character's height below the other characters.
- Deleted Text Anything that puts within <del>..........</del>tag is shown as deleted text.
- Inserted Text Anything that puts in between <ins>.....</ins>tag is displayed as added text.
- Larger Text If you want to put font size more significant than the rest of the page text then put the text in between <big>.........</big> tag. It increases one font size more significant than the previous one.
- Smaller Text If you want to put font size lower than the rest of the text then set the text in between <small>.........</small> tag. This tag helps in to reduce the font size.