What is aggregate and scalar functions in DBMS?
Aggregate functions are the calculations on the set or group of value, and they return a single value.
The aggregate functions are :-
- AVG-- to calculate the average of the data.
- MAX-- to find the maximum value among the given data.
- MIN-- to find the minimum value among the given data.
- SUM-- It returns the SUM of the data.
- COUNT( )--It returns the total number of value in the particular column in the table.
- COUNT (*)-- It returns the number of rows in the table even the NULL value.
Scalar Functions are the calculations on the data given by the user, and they return a single value.
The scalar functions are :-
- UCASE()-- it converts the data into the CAPITAL LETTERS
- LCASE()-- it translates the data into the SMALL LETTERS
- MID()-- it extracts the particular text from the given text
- LEN()—it returns the length of the text in the text files
- ROUND()-- it round of the decimal number for ex-5.5 to 6
- NOW()-- it returns the date and time of the system in use
- FORMAT()-- it formats the field as per the requirement.
BY Best Interview Question ON 18 Mar 2020