What are the steps you will take if your WordPress file is hacked?
This hacking situation is common nowadays. The more your website grows, the more chance it will have to be hacked. On starting a new website you need to know one sure thing which is, how to create a backup of your data and WordPress core files. Without this knowledge you can get rid of the hackers but with the cost of your data which is a nightmare for every admin. So always have a backup of your website's core files and the data. Now if you have that, the rest of the tasks are easy.
- Change the password immediately.
- Remove all the suspicious users and change all of their permissions to view content only. Talk to them and Change their passwords also.
- Run a good antivirus plugin and eliminate all the malicious and infected content.
- Update all your plugins, themes, or even WordPress.
- Clean your sitemaps.
- Reinstall your plugins, themes, and WordPress core.
- Remove the files which your antivirus can't remove and restore them with your backup file.
- Activate your firewall and antivirus for future attacks.
- Ask for third-party antivirus agencies if the damage is huge and you are unable to solve it on your own.