What are the essential features of the Unix operating system?
- It is a multi-user, multitasking system
- Uses kernel and shell to execute commands and complete tasks
- Hierarchical file system
- Easily portable to other machines as the code can be easily changed and compiled.
- Has pipes and filters to divide complex tasks into smaller utilities and then combine them.
- Application code is independent of the hardware vendor.
Continue reading our Unix interview questions list to know more about each of these features.
Suggest An Answer
No suggestions Available!