What are the essential features of the Unix operating system?
- It is a multi-user, multitasking system
- Uses kernel and shell to execute commands and complete tasks
- Hierarchical file system
- Easily portable to other machines as the code can be easily changed and compiled.
- Has pipes and filters to divide complex tasks into smaller utilities and then combine them.
- Application code is independent of the hardware vendor.
Continue reading our Unix interview questions list to know more about each of these features.
BY Best Interview Question ON 11 Apr 2019