What are external commands of dos?
Here are a list most used external commands of DOS:
- append - enables a user to open files in the specified directory
- arp–Adds, removes and displays arp information from the network devices
- assign –It redirects disk operation on one drive to a different one
- backup –Used to backup data on a computer
- cacls- enables users to view and modify an ACL of a file
- chkdsk - checks the computer's hard drive status for any cross-linked or any additional the use of hard drive
- choice –Allows scripts and batch files to wait for the user to select a set of choices
- cipher –Alters or displays the encryption of directories on NTFS partitions
- debug – Used to look at portions of computer and writing assembly code to perform certain tasks in the system
- edit – it allows to view, create, or modify any text file
- extract–Used to take files that are compressed in a Windows cabinet file and replace it into a user-specified location on the hard drive.
- find –Used to search for text within a file
- gpupdate– Used to refresh the local computers policy and other Active Directory-based Group policies.
- ipconfig–Used to display the network settings currently given and assigned by a network.
- logoff –Used to quickly log off the computer
BY Best Interview Question ON 28 Mar 2019