What are different types of files in UNIX?
The different types of UNIX files are –
- ordinary files – text, data or program instructions.
- directories – stores regular and special files.
- special files – device files, used for input and output operations.
- pipes – temporary file that holds intermittent data until the second last command.
- sockets – allows advanced communication between several processes.
- symbolic links (soft links) – contains the path to another file (reference file)
Suggest An Answer
No suggestions avaliable!