How do I update my wordpress website?
There are two ways to update your WordPress - one-click update and manual update.
1. One-click update
All versions of WordPress from 2.7 onwards have this feature. You can update by going to the Dashboard and clicking "Updates" screen. On "Update WordPress," click "Update Now" for initiating the process.
2. Manual Update
- Replace your WordPress files
- Download and unpack the latest zip file.
- Deactivate plugins and delete old wp-includes and wp-admin directories on your host.
- Using FTP, upload new wp-includes and wp-admin directories.
- Upload individual files from a new wp-content folder, and overwrite existing files. Do NOT delete existing wp-content folder or files and folders in the current wp-content directory.
- Next, upload new files from the root directory of the latest version to your current directory.