How data migration and data integration can be performed?
There could be chances that users might need to transfer data from your existing website to a new one. That’s why a user must know about data migration and data integration.
Data Migration Process
It is when data is transferred from one system to another, but there will be changes in storage, database, or application. Key steps to doing that.
- Understand your goal: This step will define how difficult it would be to migrate the data and if you need some help or training.
- Information about the data: This step tells what information exists and if there are any duplications or redundancies.
- Clean-Up: Before moving, a user must clean up the data as there is no point in filling a clean system with incorrect data.
- Migration: Migrating the data into the new system. Always test a small data set to check if it is working fine.
- Launch and training: Once the data is migrated to the new system, a formal launch stage can be planned where everyone can use the data.
Data Integration Process
Combining data from different sources into a single source so that users have a single view is known as data integration. Key steps for this.
- Data integration depends upon the APIs that your software uses.
- Sometimes the user needs help using custom software or any webhook tools to link the data.
- Updating software is also required in some cases, as some tools need a premium license to use the APIs.
- Proper monitoring is required in data integration as issues like tool updating or tools losing permission could come.