Shopify Interview Questions and Answers
Everything is changing, and so is the online world. From socializing to shopping, everything is based on digital platforms. There are dedicated platforms according to your needs. If you want to entertain your audience, there is Snapchat. If you want a dress but running out of time, you have Amazon. Whether mobile or web, these applications are built on a dedicated framework. Shopify is one of that eCommerce platforms, and everyone wants to be a part of this company, but like others, candidates must face the Shopify interview process to get here.
Shopify is so demanding because it provides trusted tools and ideas to start, grow, and manage all small and medium-sized businesses. Despite getting this much popularity, what bothers them is the hiring process of different candidates, especially Shopify Developers. When it comes to an interview, it is tough for candidates, but hiring managers also face challenges with what to ask in the interview to ensure they hire the best candidates for Shopify. Asking the right Shopify interview questions could make this challenge halfway easy and get you the best candidates who can play an important role in the success and progress of Shopify.
Most Frequently Asked Shopify Interview Questions
Normally passwords are not typically encrypted; hashed with a one-way function would be the right word. By "One-way," it means they can’t be decrypted or can be reversed.
- For authentication of a website, the user enters a password, it gets hashed again, and the output is compared to the hash code which is already being stored.
- If both the hash code matches, you are allowed in, so the only way is to guess a password, hash it and compare the result.
Sometimes emails are far more important for the sender than the receiver, and they want to be sure if the user reads that mail.
Setting up an automatic read receipt to your emails could help.
- Set up an image server to serve a 1*1 pixel image when the user requests any URL. Record the URL to a database that is requested.
- Create a unique identifier for every sent mail and then point it to the image server you have launched.
- Whenever the receiver opens that email, the image will automatically get loaded. The process is not 100% consistent as some users could ask you to approve the image loading first.
- When the request is granted, a notification with a unique ID can be sent in the form of another email, image name, or any other form of notification.
Sometimes Shopify asks day-to-day life questions, which helps the interviewer show your general knowledge.
In our Secondary school, we all have read about "Diffraction". A phenomenon in which light is known to bend when it passes with every refracting surface and with many objects that comes in its way. The shadows are created to depend upon that object's size and the wavelength of the light.
It is a type of Machine Learning technique in which decisions can be made using similar features.
This method compares the user interests to product features.
In this algorithm, users define an item using a keyword or an attribute, and a user profile is created with the help of these attributes. After that, items are ranked based on how closely they match the user attribute profile, and then the best match is recommended.
There could be chances that users might need to transfer data from your existing website to a new one. That’s why a user must know about data migration and data integration.
Data Migration Process
It is when data is transferred from one system to another, but there will be changes in storage, database, or application. Key steps to doing that.
- Understand your goal: This step will define how difficult it would be to migrate the data and if you need some help or training.
- Information about the data: This step tells what information exists and if there are any duplications or redundancies.
- Clean-Up: Before moving, a user must clean up the data as there is no point in filling a clean system with incorrect data.
- Migration: Migrating the data into the new system. Always test a small data set to check if it is working fine.
- Launch and training: Once the data is migrated to the new system, a formal launch stage can be planned where everyone can use the data.
Data Integration Process
Combining data from different sources into a single source so that users have a single view is known as data integration. Key steps for this.
- Data integration depends upon the APIs that your software uses.
- Sometimes the user needs help using custom software or any webhook tools to link the data.
- Updating software is also required in some cases, as some tools need a premium license to use the APIs.
- Proper monitoring is required in data integration as issues like tool updating or tools losing permission could come.
The probability is very high that this question could be asked in your Shopify software engineer interview.
- Shopify is quick and easy to set up & use.
- No technical expertise is required to launch a Shopify store.
- It is secure and reliable.
- Shopify provides 24/7 customer support, and response time is very instant.
- There are over 160 themes to choose from, and each is customizable.
- Uses powerful search engine optimization features for higher ranking in search results.
- Ranking: Ranking is the most basic way to prioritize the requirements. Rank your requirements on an ordinary scale and give each requirement a numeric value based on its priority.
- Grouping Technique: Different requirements are grouped into different priority groups such as critical priority group, medium priority group, and optional priority. Groups should be clearly defined to the stakeholders.
- Moscow Technique: Besides numbers, this technique uses priority groups:
- MUST (Mandatory or can’t ignore)
- SHOULD (of high priority)
- COULD (Important but not necessary)
- WOULD (can be ignored and included in future execution)
- Bubble Sort Technique: These two requirements should be taken, and a comparison should be made. If one requirement has greater priority, that must be swapped by another one.
Yes, I can build an SEO-friendly eCommerce store but building it would not be my only objective. What is the point of building a great online shopping portal if your audience cannot find it? So besides building it, I would also keep in mind the factors by which a store can be searchable.
- Make the search box clearly identifiable and easy to spot.
- Place the text “Search here” in the search box to stimulate searches.
- Make the search box long enough for typical queries.
- Never end up with “no results found” if someone misspelled any brand name or product.
- Will allow buyers to search within a specific department.
- Use natural language processing for quick results.
- Try to include online reviews as consumers trust online reviews same as personal recommendations.
- Use filters for different options like Price range, color, product category, size, reviews, brand, etc.
- Show the image of the product when the user hovers the mouse on that product.
Your interviewer asked Shopify life story interview questions to check your skills, your experience, and thinking abilities. From your experience and thinking ability, you can answer this question well-
- Detailed description of the products.
- Suggest related products once consumers added a product to their cart.
- Promoting products by using coupon codes, reward programs, loyal consumer gifts, and a buy one gets one free scheme.
- Provide various payment options like a credit card, debit card, net banking, cash on delivery, and any payment gateways.
- By opting for various integrated shipping solutions.
- Include a section of ratings, reviews, and feedback for us.
It was founded in 2004, and demand for Shopify is increased to such an extent that today 1,000,000 merchants loved it across 200 nations, and it is trusted by brands like Staples, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Allbirds, Tesla, Red Bull, Nestle, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more. Today every entrepreneur and businessman is adopting this platform for creating their online stores, and 1.58 million websites are running on the Shopify platforms as of 2021. Out of these, 4.4% of the top 10 million websites use Shopify as their platform.
Always remember Shopify Hires people, not resumes. It is very important for which role you are preparing for. If you want to be hired as a developer, then Shopify coding interview questions could help you in a far good way. Apart from questions, dress well and reach your location before the time. Keep a smiling face and nail the interview.