Full Form of SQL
Structured Query Language
SQL stands for Structural query language. It was initially named a Structured English Query Language developed addition (SEQUEL). Eventually, the name changed to SQL. According to the American national standards institute, it is the standard language for relational database management systems.SQL lets you access and manipulate databases. In the early 1970’s Donald D. Chamberlain at IBM developed and produced SQL.
Benefits of SQL
- SQL databases used by ISO & ANSI uses well-known and long-established guidelines.
- This language helps the users create multiple database views for various individuals.
- SQL is a domain language that can exchange information with a database and address questions in a few seconds.
- SQL can be found in smart devices like laptops, servers, and operating systems.
SQL is used for modifying database tables. It is also used in adding, updating, and deleting rows of data.SQL queries and other operations take the form of commands written as statements and are aggregated into programs that enable users to retrieve data from database tables. As a programming language, SQL has commanded and a syntax for issuing those commands.
SQL commands are divided into several types
- Data Definition Language (DDL)
- Data Manipulation Language (DML)
- Data Query Language
- Data control language
- Transaction control language
Limitations of SQL
- SQL has a complex interface, making it difficult for some users.
- SQL does not have complete command over the database due to the invisible business rules.
- The operating cost of some models of this language is so high that a programmer has trouble accessing it.