Explain Normalization and what are the advantages of it?
It is a systematic approach of decomposing tables to remove data redundancy and undesirable characteristics like Insertion, Update and Deletion. Normalization is a multi-step process that put data into the tabular form and removing duplicated data from the tables.
- It helps to the reduction of redundant data.
- It has a much more flexible database design.
- It is better to handle on database security.
- It is dealing with data consistency within the database.
Rule of Normalization
- 1NF(First Normal Form)
- 2NF(Second Normal Form)
- 3NF(Third Normal Form)
- BCNF(Boyce and Codd Normal Form)
- 4NF(Fourth Normal Form)