Elaborate version control system (VCS)?
Version control system or VCS refers to software which is utilized by the developers to work simultaneously maintaining the history of their previous as well as current actions.
Some of the salient features of VCS are-
- It helps developers to work together.
- It does not permit overwriting on changes.
- Maintains a complete history of earlier provisions and complete changes.
There are basically two types of version control systems found which are-
- A central version control system, its example is Git, Bitbucket
- A distributed or decentralized version control system, its example is SVN.