HTML5 Interview Questions and Answers
|Quick Facts About HTML5
|What is HTML5?
|It is a MARKUP language that is mainly used for creating interfaces rather than analytical works or logical.
|What is the latest version of HTML5?
|HTML5.2 released on December 2017
|Who developed HTML5?
|When was HTML5 first released?
|28 October 2014
Most Frequently Asked HTML5 Interview Questions
HTML5 has introduced the concept of Local Storage, which is used to access a web page's local storage area without any time limit. Local storage is available whenever the user wants to use the web page.
The data stored in Local Storage does not get automatically deleted when the browser window is closed; it only gets removed when deleted manually. In local storage, the data is stored using a key and value.
In HTML5, data can be stored in 2 ways – session storage and local storage.
- Session Storage: The data or details from the current browsing session are stored. Once the browser gets closer by the user, the storage data gets removed.
- Local Storage: The data does not get cleared automatically when the user closes the browser.
The <audio> tag in HTML5 is used to embed voice in an HTML document. Designers use <source> tag to specify media type along with other attributes.
The <video> tag in HTML5 is used to embed a video file in an HTML document. Designers can use <source> tag to specify media type along with other attributes.
The <fieldset> tag in HTML5 is used to group together related form elements. A <fieldset> must begin with a <legend> tag because this tag will define the title of the fieldset. By using <fieldset> tag and <legend> tag together, designers can make their forms easier to understand and use.
The syntax for <fieldset> tag is: <fieldset>Controls</fieldset>
In HTML 5, an Image map is one having clickable areas. The tag map defines an image-map.
<img src="https://www.bestinterviewquestion.com/storage/blog/small/1585841464.png" alt="Workplace" usemap="#workmap">
<area shape="rect" coords="34,44,270,350" alt="Computer" href="computer.htm">
<area shape="rect" coords="290,172,333,250" alt="Phone" href="phone.htm">
<area shape="circle" coords="337,300,44" alt="Coffee" href="coffee.htm">
MathML is Mathematical Markup Language. This language is used to show scientific and mathematical content on web pages. HTML5 allows you to use MathML elements in a document using <math>...</math> tags.
A mathematical expression should be inserted in the element <math> with a specified namespace as shown below: <math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"> </math>
Yes, both <header> and <footer> can be added multiple times in a webpage. Both of these tags are designed to serve a crucial purpose in relation to their parent section. Not only the page <body> contains a header and a footer, but every <section> and <article> also contains these two, although the use of multiple footers is always not required.
A web worker in HTML5 is a script that runs on a separate thread in the background without the need for the main web page to wait for it to complete. Web Workers enable long tasks to be achieved without keeping the web page responsive.
There are two types of web workers - Dedicated workers and Shared workers.
In HTML5, users will receive two types of web storages as following.
1. Local Storage: Here, data will be stored in the local storage, and will not be cleared automatically or when we close the browser.
2. Session Storage: With this type, the user’s browser current session data will be stored. Once the browser is closed, the storage will be cleared.
Today HTML is considered as the base for all web applications, but with each passing version, many new elements and features have been added to it. So, there is a high chance that the interviewer may ask about the currently used features but as it all starts with HTML so one must learn both. To summarize-
- Should know the difference between versions of HTML especially HTML4 and HTML5
- When writing code, always close your HTML tags.
- Remember HTML is a Markup language, not a programming language.
- Work with the lists and be more familiar with HTML tables.
Features of HTML5
- Editing content within element and "required" form attribute
- Figure tag and SVG element
- Web fonts
- Transition and Animation
- Web Icons
- Easily implemented audio, video, map with these tags