UiPath Interview Questions and Answer
While some enterprises have legacy systems that direly need replacement, others have innovative systems whose full efficiencies are yet to be explored. For others, still, exploring the full potential of the innovative systems they have invested in would mean applying robotics process automation (RPA). The latter is especially true for many organizations in this era of automation and Uipath certification training will play a huge role in bridging the skills gap that exists between the current workforce and the RPA market demands.
The global RPA market as of 2019 was worth $1549.6 million and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 27.7% to $7109.3 million by 2025. In other studies, the RPA market is expected to reach $10.7 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 33.6%. This points to the steady growth of the RPA market and as has been projected, the market is yet to attain maturity.
There still are emerging growth factors that are pushing the RPA adoption rate even higher. Firstly, the dynamic regulatory environment has hampered employee productivity because the consequences of non-compliance are too costly for businesses to bear. The adoption of robotics in some processes will not only increase productivity but also reduce human error, which has been linked closely to non-compliance to regulations.
Secondly, we are moving away from an era where a high capital requirement and cost of human resources were the impediments for start-up businesses. Thanks to automation, more small and medium enterprises are opting to reduce costs by either outsourcing or adopting automation for non-core functions. This leaves their limited resources free to be concentrated on growth.
What is Uipath?
The world is aware that the future of businesses lies in automating repetitive tasks for the sake of accuracy and productivity. This is why a high adoption rate for RPA solutions is being witnessed, as organizations consider the most viable implementation tool.
UiPath is an RPA tool built for Windows desktop automation. This tool features a drag-and-drop function with which it automates routine tasks, thus reducing human handling. UiPath can be hosted both on cloud and virtual servers.
UiPath has three product offerings, including:
- UiPath Studio. Equipped with visual elements such as several drag-and-drop activity templates and other prebuilt components, UiPath Studio enables you to easily create visual automation processes
- UiPath Robot. Once automation processes have been designed in UiPath Studio, they are executed by UiPath Robots.
- UiPath Orchestrator. This is a robot and processes management dashboard. Here robots and automated processes are deployed, scheduled, managed, and monitored. UiPath Orchestrator is a browser-based application.
Why use UiPath?
UiPath is the most popular RPA tool because:
- It has a resourceful activity library. The UiPath activity library consists of over 200 pre-built, drag-and-drop components for quick and intuitive process automation.
- It features a recording function. UiPath’s recording function allows you to capture user-activities on the screen and translate them to sequences for fast and easy creation of automation. UiPath offers five recorders, including basic, desktop, web, image, and Native Citrix recording.
- It integrates with third-party applications. UiPath, with its powerful API system, combines with the significant web, desktop, ERP Suites, as well as Citrix applications as well as with third-party cognitive technologies like Google, Microsoft, ABBYY, and IBM Watson.
- It is a highly secure application: UiPath high-level security features role-based access (RBAC), encryption everywhere, and Veracode-certified Code.
- Powerful debugging. UiPath debugging function is not only powerful but also intuitive and flexible as it allows you to debug either a single file or an entire project.
Top Uipath Interview Questions and Answers
Are you preparing for a UiPath interview? Here are popular questions you can expect to flow from the interviewing panel.
1. What is Robotic Process Automation?
Robotic process automation is automation that trains robots to act like humans to perform tedious, repetitive tasks without human intervention.
2. How UiPath is different from Selenium?
Selenium is a testing tool used to test web-based applications and does not integrate with third-party apps and virtual environments like Citrix. UiPath, on the other hand, is an automation tool designed for automating web-based or desktop application processes and will integrate well with third-party apps and virtual environments.
3. What are the components of UiPath?
There are 3 UiPath components.
- UiPath Studio. A software solution that allows you to automate repetitive office processes using visual elements.
- UiPath Robot. UiPath Robots run processes automated at UiPath Studio.
- UiPath Orchestrator. A browser-based application used in deploying, scheduling, monitoring, and managing robots and automated processes.
4. How many types of workflows are there in UiPath?
There are four types of workflows.
- Sequences. Workflows best suited for linear processes and allows you to switch smoothly from one activity to the other.
- Flowchart. This workflow is suited for a variety of projects. It allows you to present multiple branching logical operators, build complex processes, and connect activities in many ways.
- State Machine. State machine workflow uses a certain number of states in its execution. It can go in a state when triggered by activity and exit that state when a different event is triggered.
5. Define Publishing in UiPath Automation Studio.
Publishing an automation project means archiving the project together with the files in the folder. This releases it to the robots for execution.
6. What do you understand by the value and scope of data types in UiPath?
In UiPath, variables are used to store multiple types of data. Value refers to a variety of data stored within a variable while the scope is the area within which the variable is available.
7. What is branching?
Branching is a predominant UiPath concept that comes packaged with a condition. If after a specific situation, a task has more than one solution, the branching concept is applied. Branching helps you decide the behavior to be displayed when any given condition is selected along with the condition statement.
8. How is a project created in UiPath?
- Launch UiPath
- Select the type of project you want to create (process, library, transactional process, agent process improvement, or robotic enterprise framework).
- Another screen opens based on the type of project you have chosen. Here name your project and choose a destination where you want to store it.
- Enter a description to give more detail about the project you are creating and then click the ‘create’ button.
9. What is automatic recording in UiPath?
In UiPath, users can record mouse movements and keyboard activities into automation scripts and this happens in a sequence. Automatic recording saves time and is easily customizable.
10. List the types of recordings in UiPath.
There are four types of recording.
- Basic. Mainly used for single activities, this recording is typically slow as it generates a full selector for each activity without a container.
- Desktop. Suitable where there are multiple actions and several desktop apps as it generates partial selectors for each activity. The desktop recording is slightly faster than the original recording.
- Web. They are explicitly used for recording web applications and browsers. It uses the Type/Click input method and generates containers.
- Citrix. Used for recording activities in virtualized environments and only permits image, text, and keyboard automation
11. What is exception handling in UiPath?
The implementation of exceptional errors helps to resolve the mistakes with respect to UiPath activities. The errors are completed like a sequence through four main operations, Terminate workflow, Throw, Rethrow, and Try catch.
12. Define While Activity in UiPath.
The do-while activity enables you to execute a specific part of your automation if the condition is met and is useful when performing a particular operation multiple times.
13. Explain If Activity in UiPath.
The if activity contains a statement and two conditions. If the statement is true, the first condition (then section) is executed. The second condition (else section) is achieved if the statement is false. The if the activity is useful for comparing two values in a variable.
14. Explain Switch Activity in UiPath.
The switch activity enables you to execute one action from multiple options using a specified condition. The Switch activity uses the integer argument by default, but this can be changed on the properties panel.
15. Which OCR (Optical Character Recognition) engines can UiPath integrate with?
The OCR engines available on UiPath are
16. In UiPath, what is project debugging.
Debugging is the process of identifying and eliminating errors that prevent a project from functioning correctly. Debugging can also be done at the activity and file levels.
17. What is an argument in UiPath?
Arguments resemble variables in that they also store data and pass it on. Cases pass data from one project to another and have specific directions, either In, Out, or InOut.