Latest Important Magento Security Updates 27th Mar - 2019
What new Magento Commerce 2.3.1 has brought for you?
Magento Commerce 2.3.1 has 200 + functional fixes to the core product, 500+ pull requests which are contributed by the community and 30+ security enhancements.
Magento Commerce 2.3.1 has excellent support from the community members, and this supports the extent from the minor clean-up of core code to the development of robust features like Inventory Management & GraphQL.
Our Magento Interview Question can help you understand the depth of the Magento. All you have to do is simply click on the link we have made above and you will be able to have a look at all the necessary points of Magento Interview Questions.
Features of the update Magento Commerce and Open Source 2.3.1
There are some enhancements that have been done on the merchant tool.
- Page Builder:- It is a drag-drop visual tool for editing the content with which merchants can customize the layout of the content page and create shopping experiences which mix the content and commerce without writing the HTML or the CSS. Page Builder gives merchants with a robust set of content types in order to compose many different kinds of pages and easy drag-drop positioning of every content elements for an intuitive page editing. Page Builder is only available on Magento Commerce.
- Upgraded order creation workflow in the Admin:-The order creation workflow in the Admin has been refactored to get rid of delays while doing the editing of the shipping and billing addresses. Now the processing of these fields happens only after these fields are populated.
- The capability to upload the PDP images without the compression and downsizing of the pictures:- Now merchants has the ability to upload PDP images which are more significant than 1920×1200 without the requirement of compression and reduction. Previously, when a merchant use to upload a premium quality product image larger than 1920×1200, then Magento used to resize and compress the image. Merchants have no access to fix the requirements for resizing and compression and even the quality of the compression and target height and width.
- Inventory Management 1.1.0:- The MSI (Multi-Source Inventory) project by the community has added many features to Inventory Management 1.1.0.
- Assistance for an Elastic search and for an Inventory Management
- An option of Distance Priority Source Selection algorithm (SSA)
- Enhancements to mass transfers of inventory.
- The option of In-store pickup fulfillment.
Besides the enhancement in the merchant’s tool, Magento Commerce 2.3.1 has made some improvement in comparison to 2.3.0 so that developers get an entirely new experience. Some of the upgrades are:-
Some of the upgrades are
Automatic up gradation of process dependency assessment:- In the previous version, developers used to do the up gradation manually by executing the upgrade script:- https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/comp-mgr/cli/cli-upgrade.html#upgrade-cli-script but in the newer version, a composer plugin Magento/composer-root-update-plugin automatically updates each dependency in composer.json during an upgrade of Magento 2.x.
The PWA (Progressive Web Apps) Studio:-Progressive Web Apps is a collection of developer tools which allows the developer to develop, deploy, and also maintain a PWA storefront on top of the Magento 2.x
GraphQL:- The contribution of the Community for the release of Magento Commerce 2.3.1 include majority additions to cart actions (create a cart, set shipping address, populate cart) and customers (like customer account creation).
The latest version Magento Commerce 2.3.1 has fixed the issue which was there in the previous version of Magento. Some the problem has been fixed in this version are:-
Installation, upgrade, deployment
- In the previous version the commands to enable and disable debug logging
bin/magento config:set dev/debug/debug_logging 0 | 1is deprecated. In version 2.3.1 the command is
bin/magento setup:config:set --enable-debug-logging=true | false.
./bin/magento config:showcommand now dies not fails with a fatal error after the developer run ./bin/magento app:config:dump.
- Administrators who have been allotted a backup module role resource can at present access the backup controller
getHostUrl()method has been modified to the reference HTTP_HOST instead of SERVER_PORT
- When Magento is compiling the static content now, it skips disabled modules
bin/magento setup:upgrade --convert-old-scripts=1command now help the transition of indexes and constraints.
It is a stable, secure, and customizable e-commerce platform framework, which provides developers complete control of the look and functionality of their eCommerce website. Whether you are looking for Magento interview questions for experienced professionals, you will find we potential Interview Questions and Answers on this site.
Now Magento updates the reports table as predicted when a new administrator having a limited privileges logs in and selects Report > Products > Ordered. In the previous version, Magento was generating this report, and not used to log an error in
in the previous version in Amazon pay the Magento order ID used to incorrectly represented is now fixed in Magento Commerce 2.3.1
Now the developer can save the configuration settings from the
Admin > Stores > Configuration > General > Advanced Reporting without giving an industry value. In the previous version, Magento did not use to save the configuration settings, and used to display the error: Please select a vertical.
Now CAPTCHA appears as predicted in the Login pop-up window.
As you can see the potential of Magento commerce 2.3.1 is far beyond the scope of any blog to cover the unending new features in this release.
We have a collection on Magento Interview Questions and Answer that can you to crack your future interviews.
Read other questions and answers the Best interview question