An Overview of Magento
Magento is an open-source PHP e-commerce platform. Magento is probably the most powerful and stable platform for e-commerce website development. It has a modular architecture and employs MySQL database management system and elements of Zend Framework. It follows the object-oriented programming and MVC architecture. It is a stable, secure, and customizable e-commerce platform framework, which provides developers complete control of the look and functionality of their eCommerce website. Whether you are looking for Magento interview questions for experienced professionals, you will find we potential Magento Interview Questions on this site.
The official development started development in 2007. In August 2007, the first beta version was made public. We have also posted Magento interview questions that you can expect in your next job interview.
Latest Version: The latest version is Magento 2.3.0, which was released in Nov 2018.
- Flexible and scalable.
- Builds customized websites.
- Provides core components with advanced features.
- In-built SEO handles duplicate content, traffic, indexing, and landing pages.
- Inbuilt tools help promote e-commerce store.
Here are some of the “Magento Questions and Answers” for freshers as well as experienced candidates:
Magento Interview Questions and answers
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our Magento Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
- What is Magento and why it is used?
- Explain the different versions of Magento?
- What are the steps use to improve the performance of Magento?
- Explain the design patterns used in Magento?
- Explain the advantages & limitations of Magento?
- What do you mean by EAV in Magento? How many tables will be created in EAV module?
- Explain the difference between Mage::getSingleton() and Mage::getModel() in Magento?
- Explain the types of sessions are available in Magento?
- How we can enable Maintenance mode in Magento?
- Explain how to write custom SQL Query in Magento?
- How we can add a custom payment method only enable for admin section in Magento?
- Explainh how to include js in Magento?
- Explain how to enable cron in Magento?
- Write a query to get product details with Id in Magento?
- What do you mean by virtual Product in Magento?
- What is codePool in Magento? Explain
- Explain the differnce between Catalog price Rules and Shopping cart Price Rules in Magento?
- How we can get current url in Magento?
- What is the concept of Fieldsets in Magento?
- How we can format price in Magento?
- How to check Magento version?
- Is Magento the best eCommerce platform? Explain
- How to upgrade Magento?
- What are the difference between magento 1 & 2?
- Explain the Installation process of Magento 2.2 Manually?
- List the advantages of magento 2.2.3.
We can write custom queries in Magento. Please follow the below given examples.
$resource = Mage::getSingleton(\'core/resource\');
$readConnection = $resource->getConnection(\'core_read\');
$var_query = \'SELECT * FROM products_table\';
$var_results = $readConnection->fetchAll($var_query);
We can enable the custom payment method only for admin by to set
$_canUseInternal to true and
$_canUseCheckout to false.
Please update these given setting in your model.
protected $_canUseInternal = true;
protected $_canUseCheckout = false;
$id = 10;
$productDetail = Mage::getModel(\'catalog/product\')->load($id);
$ProductDetailArray = $ProductDetailArray->getData();