WordPress Interview Questions and Answers
Thinking of making your career as a WordPress Developer? Well, going in the right direction I must say. We should be thankful for the year 2003, as the first version was released this year. Today WordPress holds a market share of around 57.5% or to say it in other words it owns over one-third of the web. You will find infinite opportunities from all the reputed companies and we will help you to grab one of these opportunities by providing deep knowledge of WordPress Interview Questions and Answers. In this social era, designing a good and attractive website for any business is so common to attract customers from all social platforms.
|Quick Facts About WordPress
|What is the latest version of WordPress?
|6.4, released on November 7, 2023
|What language does WordPress use?
|GNU Public License
Most Frequently Asked WordPress Interview Questions
The extension of any parent theme present in WordPress is defined as a child theme. Any update to undo the changes in the child theme, if we make changes to the parent theme. While developers work on a child theme, the customizations and changes will be preserved on an update.
There will be two possible reasons:
First, you are not logged in to your wp-admin and see the sidebar without widgets. Second, you must have made some tweaks to your theme and that's why it's not showing up properly. The solution will be to deactivate and reactivate the theme and roll back to previous changes.
If the problem persists you need to reach out to the WP developer.
To enable debug mode in WordPress, developers have to edit the wp-config.php file and change the WP_DEBUG constant value to true condition.
This hacking situation is common nowadays. The more your website grows, the more chance it will have to be hacked. On starting a new website you need to know one sure thing which is, how to create a backup of your data and WordPress core files. Without this knowledge you can get rid of the hackers but with the cost of your data which is a nightmare for every admin. So always have a backup of your website's core files and the data. Now if you have that, the rest of the tasks are easy.
- Change the password immediately.
- Remove all the suspicious users and change all of their permissions to view content only. Talk to them and Change their passwords also.
- Run a good antivirus plugin and eliminate all the malicious and infected content.
- Update all your plugins, themes, or even WordPress.
- Clean your sitemaps.
- Reinstall your plugins, themes, and WordPress core.
- Remove the files which your antivirus can't remove and restore them with your backup file.
- Activate your firewall and antivirus for future attacks.
- Ask for third-party antivirus agencies if the damage is huge and you are unable to solve it on your own.
The template tags are basically PHP functions used to display dynamic information or customized blog template. Here is a list of some of the generally used template tags in WordPress.
Different template tags in WordPress
There are three ways to back up a WordPress website thoroughly.
1. Backup Through Hosting
Hosting providers offer service that completes daily, complete backups to your WordPress website.
2. Backup Files Manually
We have to download the entire WordPress directory via cPanel or SFTP program. We can also use WordPress database to backup website data manually.
3. Automated Backup with Plugins
There are many secure and easy to use WordPress backup plugins available for your use. Just install, configure few settings and you are ready to go. Few of them are: BackupBuddy Premium, BackWPup Free WordPress Plugin, Duplicator Free WordPress Plugin, UpdraftPlus Backup and Restoration Free WordPress Plugin, WordPress Backup to Dropbox Free WordPress Plugin, etc.
WordPress plugins are a type of apps that allows you to add more functionality and features to your WordPress website just like the same way as apps do for your smartphone. Plugins allow you to create any type of the site with WordPress, not just blogs. Nowadays plugins are very popular.
There are lots of plugins are available that listed below:-
- Yoast SEO Plugin (This plugins are used for SEO purpose.)
- Contact Form 7 (This plugins is used to make web forms with any code)
- Sitemap & URLs Plugins
- All In One WP Security & Firewall etc
Advantages of WordPress Plugins
- Helps in SEO
- Ease Of Use and Quick Installation Process
- It helps in to Keep Secure
- Strong Community Support
- Helps to use advanced features of WordPress
There are altogether 12 tables by default in WordPress.
Permalinks are the permanent Full URLs to your website blog posts and pages, as well as your tag archives and category. It is the web address used to link to your content. WordPress allows us to create a custom URL structure for your permalinks and archives. It can improve the usability and forward-compatibility of your website's links.
This section can be located in
Settings → Permalinks
WordPress Developer Interview Questions
"Why do we actually need a WordPress developer?". People want to build amazing websites with it. But whenever these websites become more and more complex and heavy, admins all over the world will search for a good WordPress developer.
- Which function is used to get the website URL in WordPress?
- What is the custom field in the website?
- What are the points to remember while using plugins in WordPress?
- What techniques can be used to prevent brute force login attacks?
- How would you change all the occurrences of "Best Interview Questions" into "Best Interview Question & Answers" in post/page contents, when viewed before 1 AM?
The demand for this website management system is so huge that there could be many more questions related to it but we have tried to cover most of them. By going through these WordPress interview questions and practicing more of them, you will surely gain confidence in your preparation and are ready to take one step forward in cracking your interview. In the end, we all are human and mistakes are an integral part of being human. Let us know if you found some mistakes or important questions which we missed. If you are looking for an opportunity to move ahead in your career as a WordPress developer or if you are looking for WordPress Developer Interview Questions for Freshers or Experienced that can help you crack your interview.