An Overview of React Native
Advantages of React Native
- Highly useful for native app developers with benefitting features.
- Superbly cost effective and code reuse
- No need of recompilation with changes and live reloading of codes.
- Use of intelligent debugging tools for text editors.
However, the information you need, you may get it through the React Native Interview Questions for Experienced and Freshers as well.
The cost-effectiveness and user-friendly interface make React Native one of the most users preferred mobile application development platform today, creating countless job opportunities for app developers in this niche. We will discuss a set of most asked to interview questions and answers with React Native Example.
Created by Facebook’s Jordan Walke, the React Naive was first announced in February 2015 at Facebook's React.js Conference and later open-sourced in the very next month.
You can find react native GitHub interview questions and answers that will help you in becoming a good programmer
The v0.58.0 is the latest version of React Native framework which is released on January 2019.
React Native Interview Questions and answers
- Explain the difference between ReactJs and React Native?
- What does prop mean in Native React?
- Explain HOC.
- Why React Native has very clear animations?
- Explain the difference between a component and an element in React.
- Is it possible to use the same code base for both Android and iOS in React Native?
- What is react native and why it is used?
- How to install react native?
- What are the advantages of React Native?
- How to handle multiple platforms in React native?
- What do you mean by interaction manager and why is it important?
- What is the point of StyleSheet.create in react native?
- What are the limitations with React native?
- Who is using react native?
- Explain the difference between React Native and Native script?
- Is React Native a Mobile App?
- How to run react native app on Android?
- Write a program to display "hello world" in react native?
- What do you mean by redux in react native?
- What do you mean by Dispatch in react native?
- What is virtual Dom and how it is work in react native?
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our React Native Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
The animated API of Native React is designed to be serialized. That means users can send animation to native without having to go through the bridge on every frame. Once the animation gets started, the JS thread will be blocked, and the animation will run smooth. Due to the code is converted to native views before rendering, the animation will run smoothly in React native
React Component: A class or function which optionally accepts inputs and returns a React element via JSX.
React Element: It describes what the user wants to be displayed on the screen, Simplifying it, the react element is an object representation for some UI.
Yes, it’s entirely possible. App developers use the same code base for iOS and Android as Reacts entirely takes care of the native components translations part. For example, a React Native ScrollView uses ScrollView on Android and native UiScrollView on IOS.
This also helps businesses especially startups and medium enterprises to better sustain their workforce as now they can hire fewer individuals to perform the same task but in different operating systems.
To install React Native, we will have to follow these steps:
- Start with installing node and watchman
- Then, install React native CLI with npm
- Install Xcode and its Command line tools
- Create a React Native project by using the following command
react-native init MyNewProject
Few significant advantages of React native are as following:
- Conveniently uses the client as well as server side
- Superbly cost effective and code reuse
- Better code readability because of JSX use
- Easy to integrate with other significant frameworks
- Easy to write UI test cases because of React
React Native easily handles multiple platforms. As the majority of React Native APIs are cross-platform, app developers have to write one React Native component, and it will work on both iOS and Android seamlessly. Facebook, the creator of React native, claims that the Ad Manager application has 87% code reuse across these two platforms. React Native also allows users to specify platform-specific versions of each component which they can then integrate into rest of the React Native application.
The interaction manager is a native module present in React Native with the workability of deferring the execution of a function until an ‘interaction’ has finished. This module is crucial because React Native has only one thread for making UI updates which can be overloaded and result in drop frames. Developers use interaction manager to ensure that the function is only executed after the animations occurred so that any frame drops may not result.
The stylesheet is a React native module that allows developers to create immutable stylesheet references. App developers can pass natural style object into the create() method, which will freeze the objects and assign each with an ID. It will allow developers to avoid creating a new style object every render pass and only once send the purpose across the asynchronous bridge.
The React Native has following limitations or cons
- Security risks
- Single threaded interface
- Poor memory management
- Doesn’t support all native APIs
- Dependable on third-party libraries
- Not equivalent to true native apps written entirely on Java or Swift/Obj-C.
Today hundreds and thousands of mobile applications are using React native as their base. Many multi-billion companies are also using this framework for their business apps, such as Facebook, Uber, Instagram, Wal-Mart, Skype, Pinterest, Tencent QQ, wix.com, delivery.com, Adidas GLITCH, JD, Baidu Mobile and more.
Yes, React Native complies with ALL the requires of a native mobile app using native app components. It's neither a mobile web app nor a hybrid mobile app that uses WebView to run the HTML5 app successfully. It builds a real mobile app, utterly indistinguishable from apps built using Java or Objective-C.
To run React Native in Android, we have to follow these:
- First, enable the USB Debugging option inside the Developer Options.
- Plug the device via USB to the development machine.
- Run adb devices command to check that the device is correctly connected to ADB
- Now install and launch your app by using the below-given command.
$ react-native run-android
Redux is a standalone state management library present in React Native and can be used combined with any framework or library. With the use of Redux, app developers can use one application state as a global state and interact with the state from any react component will be easy.
Virtual DOM is a copy of the real DOM. This node tree lists the elements, their attributions, contents, and properties also. Whenever any underlying data changes in React Native, the entire UI will be re-rendered in Virtual DOM representation. Then, the difference between previous DOM representation and virtual DOM will be counted. After that, the real DOM will be updated.