PCI Full Form In Pharmacy
Pharmacy Council of India
The pharmacy council of India (PCI) is constituted under the Pharmacy Act 1948. It is the statutory body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The council was first constituted on 4th March 1948. The main function of PCI is to prescribe the minimum standard of education required for qualifying as a pharmacist. Dr. Montu M.Patel is the president of the pharmacy council of India, and the Vice president is Prof. (Dr.) Pramod Yeole. The objectives of PCI are to regulate pharmacy education in the country for registration as a pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act. They also control the career and practice of pharmacy.
There are some more full forms of PCI, as given below
- PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect)
- PCI ( Per Capita Income)
- PCI ( Payment Card Industry)
PCI Full Form In Computer
The PCI Full Form in the computer is Peripheral Component Interconnect.
There are three types of members in the Pharmacy Council of India(PCI)
- Elected members
- Nominated members
- Ex- officio members
The main functions of PCI are
- To accept the course of study and exam for pharmacists, i.e.agreement of the academic training institutions.
- Inspection of pharmacy institutions seeking approval under the pharmacy Act to verify the availability of the prescribed norms.
- To avail minimum standard of education required for qualifying as a pharmacist.
- To maintain a central register of pharmacists. (Ref.: section 15 A of the Pharmacy Act)
The main headquarters of the pharmacy council of India is in New Delhi, India