How do I run a procedure in Toad?
You can run or execute a procedure in Toad for Oracle by following the below steps:-
- Step 1:-Open the Toad for Oracle.
- Step 2:-Link to the Database.
- Step 3:-In Toad, click on the menu Database > Schema Browser.
- Step 4:- Now in the Schema Browser, click on the drop-down menu or Procedures Tab.
- Step 5:-Then the complete list of procedures will be displayed. Now choose the Procedure you want to execute and then do the right click on it.
- Step 6:-Then from the shortcut menu, choose Execute Procedure to execute or run the procedure.
- Step 7:- A pop-up window will come up on the screen.
- Step 8:- Now set the value of the parameter in the arguments section or directly placed into the code section below. For example, for parameter P_EMPNO define a number value instead of NULL.
- Step 9:-Then click on OK to run or execute. You can copy the code which is displayed in the Code section of the window and then paste it into the SQL editor and then perform.