Full Form of CRIS
Centre For Railway Information Systems
CRIS is an acronym for the Centre for Railway Information Systems. It is under the Ministry of Railways. CRIS is a unique blend of qualified IT specialists and experienced Railway workers that effectively delivers complicated Railway IT solutions in critical areas. Since its start, CRIS has developed/maintained software for the following Indian Railways functional areas.
UPDATE WITH NEW TECHNOLOGIES
- Realizing the power of modern emerging technologies, CRIS is introducing Blockchain, AI, ML, BigData, Business Intelligence, Cloud Services (private and public cloud), Agility, Chatbots, IoT, and AR/VR.
- It executes Train Route Optimizations, Prediction of Train Delays, Capacity Enhancement, and Waitlist clearance, thus providing a competitive edge.
- It works for Predictive maintenance of Rail Assets, Train Timetable Optimization, forecasting Energy Consumption, etc.
DIGITIZING RAILWAYS WITH SMART MOBILE APPS
- CRIS has delivered several public-centric mobile apps like UTS, RailConnect, NTES, Rail Madad, Rail Sugam, CoachMitra, Rail Rajbhasha, etc.
- It covers all areas of passenger comfort, from ticket & freight booking/inquiry to complaint redressal.
- Various internal Railway Mobile Apps, including eDrishti, Chalak Dal, Aapoorti, Rail Saver, etc., have also been given to digitalize Railway operations and monitoring.
- These mobile apps have been given as Native iOS & Android Apps, Flutter, React Native, Responsive Web Applications, etc.
- It goes with their Backend design, Mobile Analytics, and testing activities.
STEP BY STEP CRIS working
- CRIS has knowledge in C, C++, Microsoft Visual, Java, Mysql, UNIX, etc.
- Non - reserved Ticket booking and Train Enquiry Systems used C and Sybase.
- Indian Railways introduced C-language Train Punctuality and Internet-based Passenger Reservation.
- Microsoft technologies also transformed railway budgeting.