Can you describe a time when you disagreed with your manager or team lead, and how did you handle it?
When you disagree with your manager or team lead, it's essential to approach the situation professionally and respectfully.
- Listen carefully: When your manager or team lead presents their point of view, listen attentively, and try to understand their perspective. Don't interrupt or dismiss their ideas, which can worsen the situation.
- Present your point of view: Once your manager or team lead has finished speaking, calmly present your point of view. Make sure you have clear and concise reasons for disagreeing and present them respectfully and professionally.
- Seek common ground: Look for areas of agreement and try to find a compromise or middle ground. This can help both parties feel heard and respected.
- Accept the outcome: If a compromise cannot be reached, accept the decision made by your manager or team lead. It's important to respect the chain of command and the roles and responsibilities of those in leadership positions.
- Move forward: After the discussion, focus on moving forward and working towards achieving the team's goals. Don't hold a grudge or dwell on the disagreement, as this can impact team morale and productivity.
Remember, disagreements can be an opportunity for growth and learning if handled professionally and respectfully.
BY Best Interview Question ON 01 Mar 2023