Office 365 Interview Questions and Answers
We all are familiar with Microsoft Office 365 as its products and services are used for various business technologies. It is a subscription-based service from which we can access various office tools like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and many more. Demand for this technology is so huge in the market that one can think of making their career by going through these various Office 365 Interview Questions and Answers.
|Quick Facts About Office 365
|When did Office 365 release?
|28th June 2011
|Who is the developer of Office 365?
|What language does Office 365 use?
|Windows, macOS, Android, iOS
Office 365 comes with other tools like email clients, calendar applications and meeting scheduler to take care of all the possible tools required on an enterprise level.
Most Frequently Asked O365 interview questions
To create a new user in Office 365, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Office 365 admin center with an admin account.
- Click on the "Users" tab which is in the left-hand menu.
- Click the "+ Add a user" button.
- Enter the new user's name, username, and password in the provided fields.
- Set any additional settings or permissions as needed, such as group memberships, roles, and licenses.
- Click the "Add" button to create a new user.
Once the new user has been created, they will receive an email with their login credentials and instructions on how to access their account.
The Autodiscover service in Microsoft Office 365 is an exchange feature which helps in configuring the user’s mailbox automatically. It is used for minimizing the user configuration and deployment steps by providing access to Exchange features for clients.
To make Autodiscover work without any user interaction, Microsoft has developed a method for telling Outlook to find the configuration info it needed automatically. This was accomplished by using a few DNS lookups based on a set piece of information that everyone had to put in, i.e., the email address.
|Office 365 Group
|Also known as a distribution list, it is a list of email addresses used to send emails to multiple recipients without having to enter each one of them manually.
|It is a list of special cross-application services used for collaborating with other users in a team and editing documents on a team or project level.
|Used for sending notifications to a group of people.
|Used for collaborating with users both inside and outside of the company.
There are mainly three identity moles in Office 365. They are:
- Cloud Identity
- Synchronized Identity
- Federated Identity
The postmaster address in Office 365 is used for sending system-generated messages and notifications all to recipients who are outside of your Microsoft Exchange Online organization.
You need to use the Exchange Online Powershell to configure a postmaster address. Here’s how to set a postmaster address in office 365:
Use this syntax in Powershell and mention the email address you want to set as the postmaster:
Set-TransportConfig -ExternalPostmasterAddress <emailaddress></emailaddress>
Follow these steps to successfully integrate Active Directory with Office 365:
- Log in to Microsoft Office 365
- Go to the Users tab, then select Active Users
- Click on the Active Directory Synchronization link above the user list
- Click on the activate button over the selected user from the list, a notification should pop up
- Now, click on the Download button and install the Directory Sync Tool
- Follow the installation setup and click on Start Configuration Now and then Finish
- After logging in, click on Hybrid Deployment, after that mark the Enable Password Sync checkbox and click on Next.
- Wait for the configuration setup and then mark the Synchronize your Directories Now checkbox and finish the setup.
Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) is a technology that allows organizations to provide single sign-on (SSO) authentication for users to access Office 365 and other cloud services.
When an organization uses ADFS with Office 365, users can log in once using their existing credentials, such as their Active Directory username and password, and then access all of the cloud services they are authorized to use without having to enter their credentials again. This can simplify the sign-in process for users and reduce the risk of password fatigue or credential misuse.
In addition to providing SSO, ADFS can also enable additional security features, such as multi-factor authentication and conditional access policies, to help ensure that only authorized users can access sensitive data in Office 365.
Overall, ADFS is a valuable tool for organizations that want to streamline access to Office 365 and other cloud services while maintaining strong security controls.
Follow these steps to successfully add a web part in Office 365 through a Sharepoint Page:
- Login to Sharepoint through your Office 365 credentials and click on the top left Page Tab
- Now, click on Edit
- In this Edit mode, click on Layout and then choose a Text Layout for your page
- Now that the layout is decided, click on the Insert Tab and Click on Web Part
A categorizer, also known as SMTP Categorizer is used in Exchange Servers as a component in the Transport service which performs Active Directory LDAP queries to determine what do do with an incoming on outing message based on information and destination.
Note: This is a very important Office 365 Interview Questions and generally it is asked in every interview.
|Only supports online web version
|Supports both mobile and offline access from multiple devices
|Only 1TB of cloud storage support
|Up to 5TB of cloud storage support
|Does not support Remote Desktop or Citrix Environment
|Supports Remote Access Desktop
|Data Loss Prevention (DLP) not available
|Data Loss Prevention is available
|Costs $8 USD monthly
|Costs $20 USD monthly
If you are reading this article, high chances are that your interview is scheduled in the upcoming days. Well in the end everyone wants some short and smart tips to crack the interview apart from reading only and only about the topic. Here you go-
- Your first impression is your last impression, so set it.
- Prepare a short and smart elevator pitch of 30 - 60 sec about “ Tell me about yourself”.
- You must read about the company, employer before your interview to show your interest.
- Learn to say “ I Don’t Know” if you don’t know the answer.
- Try to answer the question by not saying only “YES” and “No”.
- Last but not least, always follow up with your interview and send a Thankyou note.