Active Directory Interview Questions
Active Directory is a database, which is an advanced Microsoft version of X.500. It maintains the relationship between a variety of resources and enables them to work together. It provides a centralized repository for user's account information and directory authentication, permissions and authorization. The working of Active directory depends on two internet standards namely DNS and LDAP. Likewise, or the purpose of security, LDAP protocol uses Kerberos V5 for authentication. Here we have provided a collection of Active Directory Interview Questions.
- Centralized administration
- Single point access
- Fault tolerance and redundancy
- Multiple domain controllers are used
- Multi-master replication
- Simplified resource location
- Recycle bin disable
- Lack of security control standards
- To easy to apply policies over each Active Directory components
- Ideal only for large networks
Here are some of the most commonly asked best Active Directory interview questions that will help you to crack the interview and to succeed further.
Read Active Directory Interview Questions Below
- What is Active Directory and how does it work?
- What is the default protocol used in directory services?
- What is KDC in Active Directory?
- How is Kerberos used in Active Directory?
- What is SCM in Active Directory?
- What type of database does Active Directory use?
- What is OU in Active Directory?
- How to check ou in active directory?
- How to find my CN in Active Directory?
- What is Samaccountname in Active Directory?
- What is UPN in Active Directory?
- How to find the Recycle Bin in Active Directory?
- What is schema in Active Directory?
- What is the difference between Domain Admin and Local Admin?
- How to change the username in Active Directory?
- What is the authentication process in Active Directory?
- What is difference between LDAP and Active Directory?
- What is the system startup process in Active Directory?
- What is the use of global catalog in Active Directory?
- What is global catalog port number?
- What is a tombstone in Active Directory?
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our Active Directory Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
Active Directory is a database which is used for the storage of objects. Here, objects are human as well as physical resources. This database stores information in the form of a hierarchical tree structure. Information present in Active Directory can be queried by using the LDAP protocol.
The working of Active directory depends on two internet standards namely DNS and LDAP. It provides privacy mechanism (Authentication and Authorization) as well as a framework which provides deployment services.
LDAP and Kerberos are the default protocols used in directory devices. These are the directory access protocol, used to exchange directory information from the server to clients or from server to server.
4. Kerberos is a network authentication control protocol which is designed to provide a strong security control mechanism to users by using secret-key cryptography.
Steps need to be performed in order to use Kerberos in Active directory.
- Enter the first name of the user
- Log in with the name
- Enter the password and confirm your password
- Verify require per authentication checkbox