PowerShell Interview Questions
PowerShell is automation as well as configuration management framework which is used for the development of the interactive object-oriented command-line shell. It is an interactive editor which is based on the .NET framework. The working of PowerShell is based on Cmdlets, Scripts, and classes. It is a scripting language which is commonly designed for administrative tasks. We have provided a set of PowerShell Interview Questions that will help to clear the PowerShell interview.
Latest version: PowerShell V6.0 is the latest version of PowerShell
- PowerShell is an object-oriented programming language which supports a number of features such as classes, inheritance, encapsulation, data binding, polymorphism, etc.
- It supports .NET framework objects and forms.
- PowerShell support configuration and automation
- It works on single thread operations and can invoke .NET libraries.
- PowerShell allows the programmers and developers to innovate new things on a console
- PowerShell is object-based which is one of its disadvantages
- It is incorporated with weak security policies
- PowerShell requires an additional web server on the server which takes additional space on a server.
Given below are the number of Best PowerShell Interview Questions that will help you to qualify PowerShell interviews.
Best PowerShell Interview Questions And Answers
- What is PowerShell and why it is used for?
- What's the significance of brackets in PowerShell?
- How to stop and start services in PowerShell?
- What is a hash table in PowerShell?
- What are the execution policies in PowerShell?
- How do I enable execution policy in PowerShell?
- What is CIM and how it is different from WMI in PowerShell?
- How do you declare a variable in PowerShell?
- What is foreach loop in PowerShell?
- What is $null in PowerShell?
- What is the difference between ForEach and foreach object in PowerShell?
- What does $_ mean in PowerShell?
- What is $PSScriptRoot in PowerShell?
- What do you mean by cmdlet in PowerShell?
- How do I pause a script in PowerShell?
- What is the difference between PowerShell and CMD?
- What is pipeline in PowerShell?
- How to create an object in PowerShell?
- What is NoteProperty in PowerShell?
- What do you mean by PSCustomObject in Powershell?
PowerShell is an object-oriented scripting language and automation framework which is used to develop a command-line shell. It is a command-line shell which is used to automate the batch processes. it is used with the help of IT professionals in order to automate the administrate
Due to the object-oriented language, bracket plays an important role in PowerShell. The PowerShell employs four types of brackets namely parenthesis, braces, square and angular brackets. All these brackets come under control structure therefore in order to control the flow of the code brackets are required.
In order to enable and disable services in PowerShell, it is important to edit the ServieName for example-
To start the service: Set-Services ServiceName- Startup Type Automatic
To delete the services: Set- Service ServiceName-Startup Type Disabled
There is a total of four execution policies in PowerShell namely-
- All Signed
In order to enable the execution of PowerShell following steps are required to perform-
- Start Windows PowerShell
- Run as an Administrator
- Enable running script by using the command: Set-execution policy redesigned