Mobile Testing Interview Questions and Answers
Mobile testing or mobile application testing is a process performed to test the functionality, consistency, and usability of an application software specially developed for different handheld devices and to support their operating systems, such as iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows, etc. A thorough mobile testing process ensures that an application must best suit all the characteristics of a mobile device such as hardware & software capability, physical dimension, connectivity capability, etc.
Overviewing these Mobile Testing Interview Questions as well as individuals and the other crucial factors mentioned here can be extremely result-oriented for candidates and new learners to this niche.
Advantages of Using Mobile Testing
- Boosts the quality of application & and receive an optimal OPEX model with cloud technology
- Accurately gauge the application behaviors with the use of real device mobile testing
- Receive low investment and best-targeted time-to-market with simulator testing
- Better customer satisfaction, quality assurance and high level of security for mobile app
For those who are looking for Mobile testing interview questions, we have also included some of the questions for them. Go through it.
Most Frequently Asked Mobile Testing Interview Questions
The A/B testing for an iOS app includes three steps, which are:
- Configure a test: Preparation of two versions of targeted iOS app and the test metric
- Test: Simultaneous test of the two versions
- Analyze: Measure & analyze the response to release the better version
The testing on Android Testing Framework for device or emulators is difficult, and sometimes may take a lot of development effort to run and build a test case, A Robo-electric framework will allow testers to run Android test directly on JVM without any need of emulator or real device.
The criteria list will be as following:
- The launch of the application without network
- App orientation if it supports
- App un-installation
- Application response testing
- Application performance testing on various devices and network scenario
- High costing
- Issues with internet connectivity
- Subscription model
- Time consuming and image-based automation
- The framework limitation while performing automation
- Test for multi-user support of application without data interference between them
- Encryption and decryption method used for sensitive data communication
- Test for app stored file access by any unauthorized users
- Test of sensitive areas in application to prevent entry of malicious contents.
Port testing is performed to test a single functionality on different devices with different platforms. There are two categories for this, Device Testing & Platform Testing.
To test the web interface in an iPhone sized frame, we can use iPhone tester. The Appium testing tool can be used to test automation in native and hybrid iOS applications. Testers used iPad Peek to test a web application using an IPad interface.
Yes, it’s possible to install an SD card in the emulator with the below given a command.
MKsdcrd –I mySDCard 1024M mySdCardFile.img
The application should be tested on 4G, 3G, 2G, and WIFI. Even though 2G is a slower network, testers should verify the application on it to track the application performance.
The availability of defects tracking tool is just too many, but tools such as Jira, QC, Bugzilla and Rally can be used for best practices.
The workability of the simulator is based on software, and the emulator is based on hardware. The simulator system behaves similarly to something else while emulator system behaves like something else.
There are various tools available in the market to record CPU performance. Testers can install apps such as Usemon, CPU Stats, CPU Monitor, and CPU-Z for best practices and receive some advanced options for help.
- Enter a name field
- Select target API for the list
- Enter the size
- Select the skin section
- Select create AVD
- Choose the required AVD
- Start & launch
WAP stands for Wireless Application Protocol and it assures the reliability of the network. It makes sure that the targeted application can be deployed to other platforms for the testing purpose easily.
- Application compatibility check on multiple devices
- The app must connect and disconnect properly every time with the change of IP address and port address,
- Repeated send message to multiple devices
- Multiple browser compatibility checks
An automation tool should support the below-mentioned features:
- Script usability
- Multiplatform compatibility
- Source code changes
- Different operating system compatibility
- Jailbreak statements
The WEB testing is required for websites and portals, whereas the WAP testing is needed for the network application testing.
A standard Android strategy could include unit testing, system testing, integration testing, and operation testing based on the features available within the tested mobile app. Other tests can be performed too if required.
Mobile app testers basically use two types of automated tools,
- Object-based mobile testing tools
- Image-based mobile testing tools
Jama solution and Ranorex are two of the best object based mobile testing tools, whereas RoutinBot, Sikuli and Egg Plant can be named as best available image-based mobile testing tools for our use.
The android testing framework includes a total number of three segments:
- Application Package
- Instrumentation TestRunner
- Test Package
- All the test cases should be stored together source code
- While writing the code, developers should prepare the test cases at the same time.
- Testers should avoid rooted emulators and devices.
- Every time the code changed, use of continuous integration and test execution is necessary.
We, testers work to find four types of common bugs; critical, block, minor and major. To example there, a phone system crash when testing a particular feature of the device will be classified as a critical bug. The GUI bugs will be categorized as minor bugs, and functional disability of a particular feature will be submitted to a major bug list. Certain performance unavailability through the device is ON will fall into the block bug list.
These also include Mobile Testing Interview Questions that can be extremely helpful for candidates soon expecting an interview opportunity in this niche. The mobile app testers either use a real device or an Emulator/Simulator for the application testing process. Both have their unique benefits, such as using a real device for mobile testing can benefit with faster processing and most accurate results, whereas using an Emulator/Simulator can be cost-effective, less latency, user-friendly, but also gets low-reliability score due to its deniability to stimulate all types of user interactions. Mobile application testing can be performed with both automation and manual modes.
To get into complete detail of mobile testing, we are mentioning some of the important Mobile automation interview questions. Go through the questions as they will help you.
For mobile application testing, these are the few primary testing procedures mostly performed:
- Functional Testing
- Performance Testing
- Memory Leakage Testing
- Installation Testing
- Security Testing
- Black Box Testing
- Load Testing
- Usability Testing