Android Interview Questions
An Overview of Android
Android is a most popular mobile operating system which is not only used in mobile phone but on TV, cars, and smartwatches as well. Speaking of mobile phones, the primary function of android is to give the command to mobile applications to do the task. It’s like if you want to dial a number than android indicates Mobile to dial it.
Here below, we are mentioning a set of crucial Android interview questions and answers best suited for experienced professionals as freshers to this niche.
Same way, if you want to play games on the Android platform, then it’s android which gives the command to gaming application to perform accordingly. Android OS is mainly coded in Java language. All along, it is also written in other languages such as C and C++. Currently, Android could be used in more than 100 words. These Android App Development Interview Questions are specially curated highly experienced industry professionals to help candidates in their future job success.
Android Inc. creates an android, but Google later bought it in 2005. Currently, Android is lead by Google in Open Handset Alliance (OHA). OHA contains 84 companies around the globe, which could use the Android platform in their products.
Latest Version: Android 9.0 is the latest till date which was released on August 6, 2018
For those who are desired to make their carrier in Android-based companies, we bring you up a set most popular Android Interview Questions.
- Multitasking is one of the main benefits of Android. You could listen to songs along with Internet browsing on Android.
- Access to hundreds of thousands of applications. You want to learn cooking, find the cooking app and start your learning.
- An android user has many options for phones, and it's branding, which is available in the different price range. So, there is a variety of choices with Android.
Best Android Interview Questions And Answers
- What is Android? Explain
- Who developed Android?
- What does ADB stands for & what is it’s primary function?
- What do you mean by ANR in Android ?
- Is it possible to share similar Linux user I’d & same virtual machine in Android . If yes how ?
- Should we change the name of a file after installing?
- Write down the syntax to get a view element in the program?
- Kindly name few of the last code given to android different versions?
- What do you mean by intent in Android ?
- Could you point out some of the prime advantages of Android?
- How could we move the data in sub activity?
- What is an Android Virtual Device?
- What do you understand with an activity in Android?
- What is an android toast ?
- What are the storage facilities available on android?
- Define fragment in Android?
- What do you understand by ANR dialogue box?
- How could you show icon of an activity in manifest file?
- What do you mean by Android SDK?
- Could you name a few key components of Android?
- How to mention an activity in manifest file?
- How android is beneficial for app. developers?
- What is the core work of intent filter?
- Specify key disadvantages of android?
- In Android, how to insert swipe animation?
- What do you mean by Service in Android?
- What do you mean by ActivityCreator?
- Lists life cycle methods of android activity?
- Why we use LINUX ID in android?
- Explain the Android Application Architecture?
- What do you mean by adb?
- What do you mean AIDL?
- What is the use of content provider?
Android Debug Bridge is the full form of ADB. ADB could control sharing of files along with cut & copy function of any PC from your system with the help of a USB.
We should never change it as it could bring few errors in working of the application.
public virtual View FindViewById (Int32 id)
Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop, KitKat, Jelly Bean, Ice Cream, Sandwitch & Honeycomb are the few of the last codes used for android versions .
- Multitasking is one of the main advantage of android. You could listen songs along with Internet browsing on android.
- Access to hundred of thousands applications. You want to learn cooking , just find cooking app and start your learning.
- An android user has many options of phones and it's brands, which are available in different price range. So, there is variety of choices with android.
Data could be moved from one activity to another with the help of bundles.
To know the coding, refer below :
Bundle b=new Bundle();
i.putExtras(b); //where I is intent
An Android Virtual Device is a device configuration that is run with the Android emulator. Android virtual device is used to test an application without any mobile or a tablet. It works on Android Emulator which gives a virtual device facilities. It gives the platform to install & run the application in order to test it.
An activity of android is a frame or a screen of any application. Any app, could create more than one activity . It’s like when we start any application its shows one activity , when we pause it displays panother activity & go on same way .
An android toast is a form of message, which reflect for a user in terms of feedback. This message reflect for a very short time & goes away automatically.
Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(),"Best Interview Questions",Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
Internal storage is the main facility given by android which is Internally based in device . Android also support external storage which could be done in the form of USB or Pen drive . Apart from internal and external storage , Android gives the facility of shared preferences and network connection for storage . Adding to this , SQLite database stores data in the form of text file & which is made for mobile devices .
<activity android:icon="@drawable/app_icon" android:name=".MyTestActivity"></activity>
To show icon in manifest file , open the ‘manifest’ & click on ‘AndroidManifest.xml’ . There we would find Application node . Just add the above code in application .
Key components of android includes view, intent, service, activity, fragment, content provider & android virtual device.
<activity android:name="”.MyIntellipaat”"> </activity>
Android is one of the most popular mobile platform today in the world. App. developer just needs to create and register his app on android platform. After this, any android user from across the globe could download and install his application. By just having presence on android platform, an app. developer gets huge market of ready customers.
- Many android apps contain viruses, which destroys a mobile health.
- Android needs internet to perform any task. It is of no use for a person not having an internet connection.
- You couldn't work in flow on android as bulk advertising stops you every time.
<set xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:shareInterpolator=”false”>
It has following application components architecture.
- Resource Externalization
- Content Providers