Agile Testing Interview Questions and Answers
Unlike other testing methods, Agile testing is a continuous method, not sequential, that starts continuously testing the project between project development and compilation. An Agile testing program includes a team of cross-functional Agile members and professional expertise to testers to ensure optimum business standard required by the client, while continuously working with a sustainable pace and improved framework. We will discuss a few of the most frequently asked Agile testing interview questions further here for your acknowledgment.
Advantages of Agile
- Quick and continuous delivery of most client satisfying products.
- Constant interaction between testers, developers and customers, thus resulting in a thorough process.
- Working software is delivered as a result with continuous attention to design and technical excellence.
- Continuous adaption to the framework changes required by the client.
Most Frequently Asked Agile Testing Interview Questions
Here are a few crucial characteristics of Agile testing methods:
- To ensure tests are done over every simple and even the smallest unit of code that is being developed.
- To create a result oriented testing process that advantages the management and technical aspects of the project.
- Utilize Agile methods of testing over units of code to match the complex requirements at every stage of the development.
Developers have to be adaptive in this case to ensure the successful implementation of the Agile method of testing for the project.
- With a massive development concept, developers have to break it up to facilitate periodic testing.
- Frequent builds and version for developers due to short iterations of test cycles.
- Sudden changes will be required which may create complex situations for the development team.
- Cautious integration of smaller unit pieces to support the significant integration test which may come later.
With Agile testing, developers will have higher control over the code or design that is under development due to the implementation of an incremental and iterative development phase in the project. This will also promote a confident mindset among the team members. The small unit development process also brings the required modularity to the product, making it more reusable.
- Agile promotes incremental methodology, whereas sequential methods are used by conventional techniques.
- Agile focuses on a complete group associated with the project and the required interaction in between them. Compared to which, other ways only emphasize processes and tools.
- Agile focuses on an end product which must be best to the functions but without documentation priority. The conventional methods work opposite it.
- Agile methods include clients as an integral part of the whole project development, whereas this may not be a case for other methodologies.
The Agile testing life cycle is as follows:
- Iteration -1 - This identifies, prioritize the potential project and cinder its feasibility.
- Iteration 0 (Warm Up) – Project initialization and initial input formalities, and the emphasis are on building a unit.
- Construction Iterations - Active client participation in determining the expected output and requirements.
- Release - Start of production, final system testing and end-user training.
- Production – Operation, support and identification of system defects.
- Retirement – Complete system removal from production and user migration.
The product backlog is usually maintained by the owner of the project which contains every requirement and feature list of the products. Whereas, the sprint backlog is a subset of product backlog which includes elements and features related to a particular sprint only.
In Agile, velocity is a metric which is calculated by addition of efforts estimates associated user stories completed in an iteration. The speed will predict how much work Agile can achieve in the sprint and the required time for its completion.
In a pair programming technique, two programmers work as a team in which one writes the code where the other one reviews that code. The roles are switchable throughout the process.
It can benefit the team with:
- Improved code quality and reduced chance of errors.
- Knowledge sharing among team members.
A test stub in Agile is a small code which mimics a specific component in the system and can replace it. The output of the test stub will be the same as the component it will return.
An Agile tester should:
- Be able quickly to proc toss and understand the requirements.
- Know Agile principles and concepts.
- Understand the risks associated with a project as it gets complex.
- Prioritize the work based on the requirements.
- Regular and well-processed communication with the development team and other project associates.
Tasks are created by the development team to accomplish the business requirements. Whereas, the user stories define the actual business requirement and are usually created by the business owner. A group of user stories will be called as n epic.
Spikes are created to resolve technical issues and design problems of the project with utmost priority.
There are two types of spikes; technical and functional.
TDD or the Test Driven Development is a test-first development technique which used to add a test before the complete production code could be written. The test will be run based on the result refactor the code to complete the test requirements.
Scrum-ban is a software development model, a combination of kanban and scrum. It is considered for maintenance projects that require changes or wonderful user stories. The minimum completion time can be reduced with the use of scrum ban.
Tracer bullet can be defined as a spike with the current set or best practices or contemporary architecture. It is used to examine the workability of an end-to-end process and its feasibility.
A task board is a chart that represents the columns: In progress, To do and Done columns that help the user organize the teamwork. Backlog as a column can also be created to track what’s left.
|1.||Burn-down gives you an overview of the remaining work in the project. It shows the quantum of progress in the middle of the project and the quantum of development at the end of the project (completion of the project).||Burn-up gives you an overview of the project that has been completed. The Burn-up shows the scope of increase and decreases at the beginning and the end of the project.|
|2.||The burn-down project races down to the zero when it comes to the ending of the project.||The burn-up work is shown in two different lines. This provides the information by rectifying and diagnosing the problem.|
Refactoring is a process of improving the internal structure of the source code of the program while not disturbing any external structure. Refactoring doesn’t mean fixing bug and rewriting code. In the context of agile, it defines the difference between meeting or not meeting.
|1.||Agile is a method of continuous iteration of SDLC Process Testing and Development.||It processes the value of the business and delivers it in the shortest possible time.|
|2.||It fosters teamwork and face-to-face transmission of thoughts.||It sets a defined goal and focuses more on iterative work, teamwork, and accountability.|
|3.||It is highly flexible and reacts quickly for any change that has been observed||It works on a rigid method. So, it doesn’t leave any room for any sudden change.|
Agile testing requires a higher level of collaboration between testers and developers. Agile testers have to list out and provide the developer's team with the corrective feedback during the continuation cycle. You can download Agile testing questions and answers pdf from here after registration or can subscribe. Simplifying it, this is an on-going integration between Agile development and testing approaches to acquire the results. You must read in-depth about this if you are preparing for Agile scrum interview questions.
Due to the excellent benefits of Agile development and testing, the development and testing industry has quite a bit of demand for Agile testers.
If you are preparing to attend an interview in this niche, the further mentioned Agile interview questions project manager, as well as newbies, will help you ride the success rail.