Google Adwords Interview Questions
Digital Marketing has always been one of the key components in a company’s growth and development. This is one of the most emerging careers in the field of technology, as well as marketing and students from both the courses, can opt for it as their career path. Google AdWords has helped in the same by providing an opportunity to marketers in the field of SEM.
Google AdWords Interview Questions has always been a puzzle to aspirants which is considered tough to crack and answer. But with proper dedication and depth of knowledge, one can excel his/her career in the same. Here are a few Google AdWords Interview Questions and answers which can help the enthusiasts to prosper their career in the same.
Best Google Adwords Interview Questions And Answers
Google AdWords is an online initiative by google which focuses on advertising service which especially includes online advertising services which help the marketers and organizations reach their targeted customers instantly. When an individual searches on Google for any particular product, service or any other term, Google displays a list of results related to that searched term. But when observed closely, it can be clearly seen that the top and the bottom search results are generally advertisements of various companies related to the searched keyword.
Almost every type of ad can be run using the Google AdWords platform. Some of the categories of ads are as follows :
- Search ads: These are the ads that appear above the organic listing of searched terms. There are generally related to services or products related to that term.
- Call-only ads: These ads are only available on call enabled devices, for example, mobile phones. These ads make you call directly to the mentioned company’s customer service rather than landing on a web page.
- Dynamic ads: These ads are best suited for businesses that consist of an active and well-managed website. The reason behind this is that the content of the ad and the website upon which it lands on clicking are dynamically taken from the company’s website. There are no keywords involved in dynamic ads.
- Mobile app promotion: These ads are best suited for companies or businesses which have an interactive and active mobile application. The main aim of these ads includes encouraging users to download the app or take wished actions within the application.
AdWords directly operated under a bidding system. The bidding system means the price of a particular advertisement. More the price, the higher will be the ranking of that Ad. The position and status of any ad are purely determined with the help of its ad rank, which is also known as the maximum Bid Times Quality Score). The ad which scores the highest ad rank gets the first position which means it will be displayed on top in ads whenever the provided keyword will be searched in Google. There is an exception in this process too.
When any marketer is the only bidder or the lowest bid in the Google Ads auction, then they have to pay their maximum ‘bid per click’. This can be understood by the fact that AdWords works on the ‘pay per click’ process. In other words, ‘pay per click’ can be defined as the terminology in which the marketer only pays the amount he/she has quoted, only if a visitor clicks their ad.
There are a number of reasons because of which Google AdWords should be used by big as well as small businesses. Some of them are as follows :
- There is no minimum investment defined for small businesses or monthly ad spend which lessens the risk of financial loss even if the idea of putting ads fails.
- Google AdWords is extremely affordable. In addition to that, marketers only need to pay for results. With the help of the “pay per click” feature, Google AdWords allows businesses to pay for the times any visitor clicks on their ad.
- Google ads always appear at the perfect time. When any visitor searches something in Google, only those ads show up which match the preferences and search results of the user which automatically grabs the attention and thus it eventually becomes worth the money spent on the ad.
- Ads show up either in the top or the bottom which do not interfere with the search results (generally). In addition to that, because of the knowledge of the location of the user, Google AdWords displays ads of companies that are nearer to the user’s geographical location.
- They attract and engage the target customers by displaying ads along with the search results according to the choice of the user or the search term he/she put in the search bar of Google.
- Google Adwords enhances the SEO strategies of any company and takes it to another level as it is a whole new creative way of advertising and target customer interaction.
Ad Rank is a value that comes into use while determining the ad position of any particular ad. It has a specific formula and is calculated using several parameters such as bid amount, auction-time ad quality, Ad Rank thresholds, the context of the person’s search, location, device, time of the search, the nature of search terms, the other ads as well as the search results that show on the page. The Ad Rank is recalculated every time the ad becomes eligible to get displayed and completes an auction. This means the ad position fluctuates and is never permanent. It depends upon the competition in the market, the context of the users who are searching and the quality of ad at that moment.
Google ads decide what ads are to be given what position by a really fast auction that happens every time a user searches the mentioned keywords on Google search bar or visits any site which shows ads. There are several pillars on which Google Ad auction works. They decide the order as well as which ads are to be displayed and which are to be ignored or displayed later.
These factors are :
- Bid: When the bid is set, it tells Google Ads about the maximum amount any marketer is willing to pay for an ad. This can be increased or decreased at any time and marketers generally end up paying less than decided earlier.
- Quality of ads: Google ads keep a close eye on how relevant, relatable and useful the ads and the websites attached to it so that it does not waste the time of the user. This assessment process contributes to the quality score which can be monitored and worked upon by managing the Google AdWords account.
- The expected effect from ad extensions and other formats of advertisements: When an ad is created, the marketer has the option to add extra information to the ad. It can be a phone number or several other links that the user may find useful. Such things are known as ad extensions. Google Ads works in estimating how extensions have been used by the ad provider and how much it will impact the performance of the ad. Using relevant and rich keywords can prove to be very beneficial in creating a good impact on Google Ads.
Considering these factors, Google AdWords creates an auction and then positions are given to various advertisements.
Google Quality Score is one of the most important parameters which defines the position of any ad in Google AdWords. It is the approximation of the quality of ads, keywords as well as landing web pages. It is a kind of rating of the quality and relevance of keywords and PPC ads. It enables marketers to ensure the viability of the ad to the user which is primarily based on the ad’s CTR (quality and landing page). Better the quality score, the more will be the probabilities of saving money and maintaining better ranking.
In Google AdWords, an Ad group is particularly the set of adoptions that operate under a specific set of keywords. Ad groups are basically used to keep the Google Ads organized. It can be considered as a huge vessel of keywords, advertisements and landing pages. If any marketer prepares AdWord Campaigns which are properly constructed, then they are rewarded by Google itself. It has always been advised to organize the keyword according to themes which gives a better structure to the account.
Conversion optimizer, also known as the Target CPA building, is a tool that is used for manipulating bids which decide as to which clicks on the ad can add more worth to it. Conversion optimizer usually helps in getting a better return on investment. If the advertiser or marketer sets a relatively low target CPC (Cost per conversion) for any campaign, conversion optimizer works in placing conservative bids only on those particular keywords that Google estimates to be sure in terms of their probability to convert them for the marketers. It will result in relatively cheaper conversions.
While on the other hand, marketers who specify a relatively higher CPC, the conversion optimizer may have the ability to bid more aggressively and can compete for a higher ad position with a broad range of keywords.
Conversion rates can be improved with the help of creating ads that can match with keywords in a relevant and proper way. These can also be improved by creating tightly themed ad groups that can focus on targeting users to the campaigns which will eventually improve the conversions.
Google Ad Extensions are the add ons in Google AdWords which help in expanding the ads with additional information. This gives people more chances to choose the ad providers’ business or organization. Google Ad Extensions work in increasing the ad's click-through rate by a significant percentage. They can include any of the things such as the call buttons, location information, links to specific parts of the website, additional text information, location extensions, social annotations, seller ratings, mobile app extensions, offer ads, communication ad, review extension, Image and drop-down navigation ad extension and much more.
A brand modifier is a tool that helps the advertisement provider to create keywords that can have more reach to the target audience as compared to the phrase match. Including modified broad match keywords into the advertisement campaign can help marketers to make it relatively easier to get more and more clicks and conversions at a minimal ROI.
Broad match modifier can be denoted with the help of putting a plus sign in front of one or more than one word in broad match keywords. The words which contain a ‘+’ sign are mandatory to be there in the user search query to give the ads a boost.
|CPM stands for cost per thousand.||CPC stands for cost per click||CPV stands for cost per view.|
|It is the amount which is paid per thousand impressions which are received. This amount is not related to ad clicks.||CPC is the amount that is related to both the advertisers and marketers. It is the amount paid to the advertisers for every click received.||It is the amount paid for each unique user view of an advertisement. It is the amount advertisers pay for driving visitors to the site.|