What is Search Engine Marketing or Paid Search Marketing?
SEM (Search Engine Marketing) is the way to obtain traffic on your website by purchasing ads on the search engines like Google, Bing etc. SEM basically includes both search engine optimization (SEO) and paid advertising (PPC). But primarily it refer paid advertising most. Find below most common terms used in SEM.
- PPC - pay-per-click
- CPC - cost per click
- CPM - cost per impressions
- Paid search ads
- Paid search advertising
If we talk about search ads? There ads are mostly sold on the basis of CPC, PPC but if we talk about other advertising ads which are sold by on the basis of CPM basis. You have seen that Google paid search results, these ads are running through PPC, apart from Google there are lots of content based ads displayed on the internet. These all ads are related to CPM basis.
SEM Marketing for Beginners
If you are beginners, I will suggest Google AdWords to you which is most popular platform used by search marketers these days. I would also suggest Bing Ads which is also used by after Google. Beyond that there are lots of tools or platform where you can learn SEM marketing techniques as fresher or beginner. Each SEM tools have their own PDF and tutorials but I will suggest you to Google Insider’s Guide for AdWords for beginner.
Search Engine Marketing Interview Questions and answers
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our Search Engine Marketing Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
- What do you understand by Google AdWords?
- What is the benefit of Google AdWords (PPC)?
- Why are we using Google Adwords for marketing?
- What do you understand by Ad rank?
- How Ad Rank impact on Cost per Click?
- What should be quality score in Google AdWords?
- Tell us few names of Google AdWords Ad Extensions?
- What do you understand Conversion Optimizer in Google AdWords?
- How do you improve Google conversion rate?
- What is the limit of characters in Google Ads?
- What if CTR and how do you calculate it?
- How many types of keywords in Google AdWords?
- What do you understand by Google KPI in AdWords?
- What is your most successful Ads campaign and why?
- Which paid media is Good for our business and why?
- Why Search Engine Marketing important?
- How do I Know that SEM is right for my Business?
- What factors affect AdWords Quality score?
- How do you decide which keywords are good for your business?
- When you saw your average position drop, what did you do?
- Have you ever created any Adwords Campaign?
- How Ad Rank impact on Cost-per-Click?
- Explain, How Google auction work?
- What options cannot be changed after creating Google AdWords Account?