Why Google is the Best Search Engine in the World?
There is no doubt in saying Google is the best search engine out there in the world. It is the most widely used search engine on all devices beat desktop, mobile phones, or tablets. On the side of market share, the exact number is 92.16% as of December 2020 and it is handling approx. 5.4 billion searches in a day. This number itself tells that Google is the best search engine.
Why is Google the best search engine?
Now we will be discussing what has lead Google to become the first choice of users. What Google is continuously doing to maintain its reputation in the competition of search engines?
Understanding the intent behind each search and filtering the most appropriate websites that match the searched query makes Google stand out from the competition. The business model followed by Google is the online satisfaction of the people.
Google is considered a reliable platform for finding any kind of information on the web because of providing better results or you can say best.
Small businesses work as the backbone for any country’s economy and Google is very much aware of this fact and took the advantage of this information. It allows the user to customize the search capability with their Geo-location or you can say targeted location and provides the results according to that. These custom search results led Google to become the first choice for small or local businesses.
After the successful accomplishment of this, Google upgrades itself to the next level by integrating local search results with its other application Google maps. With this integration, people can explore and navigate the local businesses around them from their smartphones. Achievement of this works as a piece of cake for Google to keep its standard and importance in the market.
The best thing about Google is it is constantly testing its algorithms and adapt to user’s thinking and habits of search. Another best thing is Google has its video search engine “Youtube” that is being used by most of the people around the world. As nowadays users get more impacted with the videos than the other content.
Google keeps working on user’s satisfaction and upgrading or creating applications based on the user’s needs. Google also created its image search engine that is also commendable. This has been created after seeing the devastating number of peoples searching for the look of Jennifer Lopez and at that time Google was not able to handle all the demands or keywords used by users. To overcome this problem, Google decided to create this amazing platform for image search.
There are so many other things that make Google outstanding in all aspects. Come on let us have a look at what Google has for us?
The above-discussed platforms are for the users whose aim is to get the results for their queries. But Google has a lot for the people who want to earn money. It allows people to run the campaigns or ads on their websites, all they need to do is to publish the right content and to help other users in achieving whatever they are looking for.
With the help of Google Analytics, you can easily keep track of all the activities happening on your website, such as how many viewers are landing there, what kind of activity they are performing, which browser they have used, and much more. Then with the help of Google AdSense, you can place the ads on your website and keep the track of all the activities happening with the ads that are on your website.
After reading all the good things about Google, you must be thinking what if I will get the chance to work in such a huge organization. Hurray! You can do it as Google has lots of opportunities for multiple domains. You can check all the current openings on their official website. All you need to do is search according to your preferences and meet their eligibility criteria.
We have covered all the commonly asked Google interview questions in our other article, you can also look at them. It will give your insight into what kind of questions they might be asked to you.
This is not done yet, keep reading to know a bit more exciting things about search engines.
Top 5 Search Engines in the World in 2021
As we know Google is the best search engine however, there are many other search engines as well which are created to meet specific needs.
- DuckDuckGo: If you want to keep your search private and do not want anyone to keep track of your searches. Then this the search engine that you can use. The focus of this search engine is to safeguard the privacy of the user’s searches. But the disadvantage here is since you were not being tracked and the ads you see on the browser are not relevant to you or you may see some low-quality results.
- Bing: It is one of the most common search engines that are being used in many countries as an alternative to Google especially in the U.S
- Yahoo: There was a time in the early ’90s when Yahoo was the most used search engine. But not anymore, it does provide search results that are being powered by Bing only.
- Baidu: There are few countries in which Google is banned. They use this search engine for feeding their daily needs of finding information. This is the search engine that is widely used by Asian countries, such as China. It has been recognized as the second largest search engine in the world (obviously after Google). :)
- Yandex: This search engine is created by Russia and used by almost every Russian. In Russia, it is equivalent to Google. The best thing about this search engine is its ability to understand the Russian articulation in their search query; this is the bonus point for Russian people. This is also used in some other countries such as; Ukraine, Turkey, Uzbekistan.