How should I start JSP and Servlet
How should I start JSP and Servlet?
You might be curious to know about the servlet and JSP. In this article, you will understand the clear distinction between them. Servlet is actually a class that is utilized in order to extend the efficiency of the server that is hosting the applications exist through the request-response model. Applications hosted by web service are extended by Servlet. You can take help from the Servlet Interview questions as well.
On the other hand, JSP is a text document containing two different types of text that are static and dynamic. The static data can be shown in any text-based format, for example, HTML, XML, SVG. Dynamic data is represented by only JSP elements. Keep practicing the latest set of JSP Interview Questions to hold a better grip over the subject.
Introduction to Servlet
Server technology is scalable and robust in its nature because it is implied in the Java language. There are many classes and interfaces in Servlet API, namely servlet, generic servlet, HTTP servlet, servlet response, and many more. Through this, many web applications are developed, and it also provides interfaces for documentation.
Servlet technology presents a web component that is used to create dynamic web pages/ web application, just like JSP technology. To get a better understanding, you can refer to JSP Interview Questions.
There are several advantages associated with the servlet. Let's take a brief through them-
- Servlet creates a thread for every request. Hence, it provides better performance.
- The efficiency of the circuit is because it does not process much.
- Servlet uses Java language hence it is portable.
- Security is also assured in a servlet.
The Advanced Servlet Interview questions contain a perfect blend of today's requirements in Servlet.
NOTE: If you are looking for its tutorials then you can Click here.
Introduction to JSP
It is basically an extension for servlet as it supports more functions compared to Servlet. Other than designing and development, it also features functions like expression language, custom tags, and many more.
Numbers of advantages are included in JSP over the servlet.JSP Interview Questions will help you revise through the initials for JSP, and you will know further.
Take a look to know the advantages of JSP-
- As it is an extension of servlet hence the features of the servlet can easily be used in it.
- The development has made easy with the help of predefined tags, custom tags, and expression language.
- In JSP, presentation logic can be separated from business logic, and hence, it can be easily managed.
- Pages are totally modified in JSP, and there is no need to recompile and redeploy the entire project.
- JSP is devoid of regular updation.
- A number of tags can be used in JSP, which overall reduces the coding.
- JSP also allows the user to use objects.
NOTE: If you are looking for its tutorials then you can Click here
Servlet and JSP technology is robust today and has their specific requirements in the fields. Before starting for both of them, it is recommended to consider the theoretical approach and a brief for Servlet Interview questions.