Ansible Interview Questions
Ansible is actually configuration management and deployment tool which is largely used for a number of task automation, server configuration or application deployment procedures. If you are looking for a potential career in the same field then go through the best Ansible interview questions for better assistance. With the help of this tool number of business, segments get enhanced as it actively reduces the overheads and response time offering a number of advantages. In this guide, you will find some really helpful Ansible interview questions with answers which will help you gain more confidence.
Ansible offers a number of benefits
- No agent required
- Declarative but not procedural
As these incredible Ansible interview questions are presented to you by a team of experienced professionals who are willing to present a glimpse of actual interview sessions to you. In this set of interview questions and their answers, you will find a complete and detailed structure of Ansible interview questions for experienced developers.
Read Ansible Interview Questions Below
- What do you understand by Ansible please tell its utilization?
- What is the Ansible galaxy?
- Do you know the advantages of using Ansible?
- What are the available ways to install Ansible?
- What are the comparative advantages of Ansible and other competitive automation tools?
- Explain in detail how to install the Ansible?
- Explain how do Ansible works?
- How to secure passwords in Ansible?
- What do you understand by Ansible inventory?
- What do you understand by Red Hat Ansible?
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our Ansible Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
Ansible is a widely-used open source IT configuration management and deployment tool. This orchestration tool helps to provide maximum productivity gains for the majority of automation platforms also it helps in the setup and management of infrastructure and associated applications. Ansible is utilized to manage IT infrastructure and to deploy software applications directly to remote nodes.
Being an open-source deployment tool Ansible offers communication with configured lines initiating from the command line with the help of Ansible command. This phenomenon allows IT professionals to automate the configuration using any ansible-playbook command and in order to create any base directory structure, one has to use tool bundled with Ansible.
This structure is known as Ansible-galaxy. This is one of the most commonly asked Ansible interview questions.
Ansible offers a number of benefits, like-
- No agent required: For the setting of the Ansible deployment tool, no specific agent is required. Also if Box has a tendency to support SSH and Python then there is no need to set up Ansible.
- Idempotent: Ansible is structured in such a way to follow the overall concept of idempotency. Its fundamental idea is to add only those things which are actually "required" and these things can be repeated.
- Declarative but not procedural: The majority of configuration tools follow through a complicated process of doing one thing then next, then next and so on. Ansible as an efficient configuration and deployment tool allows the IT professional to write the description of the state of the machine simply and mention the requirements and right after the description, it starts taking steps towards it.
Using two different methods, it is easy to install Ansible.
These steps follow through the brief mentioned below-
- Install it from a distribution package repository.
- Build from source code.
- Install Ansible using python package management tools for example pip.
- It has low overheads and can be executed with minimal resource utilization.
- The only dependency of Ansible is python.
- All of its tasks are written in YAML syntax.
- Ansible is extremely easy to learn and understand.
The major constituent of Ansible are nodes and controlling machines where Ansible is installed on controlling machine and nodes are used to manage these controlling machines with the help of SSH offering no downtime. With the help of inventory files, the controlling machine specifies the location of nodes.
Ansible also deploys modules to nodes with the help of SSH protocol and these modules get stored temporarily in remote nodes. These models can also communicate with the Ansible machines with the help of the JSON connection over the standard output.
There is a feature named Vault in Ansible which helps IT professionals, to keep their sensitive data in encrypted files. The passwords or keys are secured extensively rather than in the form of plaintexts in Playbooks. A command-line tool named Ansible- vault tab is present in Ansible which is used to edit the files. Few common flexes are also used along with these command-line tools as ask-vault-pass or vault-password-file. In order to process the playbook containing vault encrypted files, you have to pass any of the two flags.
By default, Ansible has a file on /etc/Ansible/hosts containing a hostname or IP address of the targeted system. The inventory file can be specified with the help of -I
Ansible tower provided by Red Hat or Ansible, both are in the N2 and automation platform which has the capability to provide a number of features.
Its complete functionality includes-
- Provision of components
- Deploying the applications
- Orchestrating workflow
- Managing its systems and infrastructure
- Configuration of systems
- Networking and other applications