MongoDB Interview Questions
Based on the document-oriented NoSQL database, MongoDB is an open-source database management system (DBMS) that is used for high volume data storage. MongoDB is one of many non-relational database technologies that came up in the mid-2000s for use in big data applications and other processing jobs. Instead of using tables and rows as in other databases, MongoDB architecture uses documents and collections. We have an impressive collection of MongoDB Interview Questions and Answers that is a must-read for all developers!
Development History of MongoDB
10gen software company started developing MongoDB in 2007 as one of the components of a platform as a service product. However, in 2009, the company moved to an open-source development model and changed its name to MongoDB Inc in 2013. The company made is first release public on February 2009.
Whether you are a fresher or an experienced MongoDB developer, these MongoDB admin interview questions and answers are all you need to succeed in your next interview.
Latest Version: The most recent version is 4.0.5, which was released in December 2018.
- Easy to install and setup.
- Schema-less database.
- Capable of deriving a document-oriented data model
- Secured and scalable.
- Full technical support.
Are you looking to impress your boss and grab the upcoming promotion at work? Here are the most common MongoDB interview questions to help you do that.
Related Interview Questions and Answers
Most Frequently Asked MongoDB Interview Questions And Answers With Examples:
- How to list all indexes in MongoDB?
- What is MongoDB and how it works? Explain
- What are the uses of MongoDB? Explain
- Is MongoDB better than Mysql? Explain
- When was MongoDB founded and why it is called MongoDB?
- What is the difference between Mysql and MongoDB? Explain
- Is MongoDB a relational database? Explain
- What are the difference between SQL and MongoDB? Explain
- Explain "Namespace" in MongoDB.
- What is index and how it is used in MongoDB?
- Explain Storage Engine in MongoDB
- In MongoDB, what is CRUD?
- What is sharding in MongoDB? Explain
- How do I create a collection in MongoDB? Write it's syntax
- How do I drop a collection in MongoDB? Write it's syntax
- How we can create an index in MongoDB?
- What is the command which are use to drop database in MongoDB?
- What is the use of limit() function in MongoDB?
- Can we store images in MongoDB?
- What are alternatives to MongoDB?
- What is replica set in Mongodb? Explain
- What will be objects between two dates in MongoDB?
- Is MongoDB support ACID transactions?
- How to install MongoDB on our machine?
MongoDB is an open source database management system (DBMS) that is used for high volume data storage. MongoDB is one of many non-relational database technologies that came up in the mid-2000s for use in big data applications and other processing jobs. Instead of using tables and rows as in other databases, MongoDB architecture uses documents and collections.
MongoDB is used for high volume data storage. MongoDB is one of many non-relational database technologies that came up in the mid-2000s for use in big data applications and other processing jobs. MongoDB is more faster than others because it allows users to query in a different manner.
Most developers prefer MongoDB over MySQL because MongoDB allows them to build applications quicker, handle diverse data types, and efficiently manage applications. The flexible data model in MongoDB ensures database schema evolves with business needs.
MongoDB was founded in 2007.
MongoDB originally dubbed “p”, the database was officially named MongoDB, with “Mongo” being short for the word humongous. After received many inputs about MongoDB, the company decided it scrap the Babble project and release MongoDB on its own as an open-source database platform in 2009.
|2.||Data stored in tables||Data stored in JSON documents|
|3.||Sses schemas for defining DB structure||Schema-free|
|4.||Development and maintenance by Oracle Corp.||Development and maintenance by MongoDB, Inc.|
An Index is a special structure in MongoDB. It stores a minimal portion of data belonging to a specific field in a form that is easy to traverse. This feature is ordered by the value of a field, which is pre-specified in the index.
The primary role of an Index is to offer great performance read operations for queries that are used frequently.
In MongoDB, developers do not need to create a collection. It will get created automatically when a document will be inserted.
The syntax for creating a collection in MongoDB is:
To drop a collection in MongoDB, connect to the database where you want to delete the collection.
Type the following command for deleting:
The command -
db.dropDatabse() is used for drop databases in MongoDB.
limit() method in MongoDB is used for limiting the records in different databases.