Consulting Interview Questions and Answers
Consulting Interview Questions include behavioral, time management, problem-solving, and common interview questions which include asking about your strengths, your weakness, skills, and work history. These all questions, the interviewer must ask during an interview.
Last but not least which interviewers ask in consulting interviews are case interview questions. These are basically the questions in which the interviewer gives you a business scenario and would ask how you would solve the problem to check your patience and presence of mind.
Situational Interview Questions also come under Consulting Interview and are a bit the same as behavioral interview questions in which the employer gives you a situation and asks you for resolution. So, to keep all these things in mind we bring some Consulting Interview Questions and Answers which helps you during the interview.
Most Frequently Asked Consulting Interview Questions
This varies from consultants to consultants. Many consultants charge on an hourly basis, many charge an initial fee and then a monthly fee, and some according to the project.
There is a simple formula to calculate the price for the projects-
(Approximate Hours of Work + 20% for occurrences) x Hourly Rate = Project Charge.
In this situation consider your client from Non-Technical department and then let them understand the issue-
- Time Factor- Tell the issue in a more understandable way and in a particular frame.
- Business Objective- It is very important to show your progress and goals to the client so that they would better understand the issue.
- Uncover Side Issues- Don't get afraid of side issues to discuss with the clients.
- Identify his Motivation and let you work on that.
- Don't bring those discussions in your mind at the time of doing work.
- Set Boundaries.
- Always be one step ahead.
Today often companies need consultants for various reasons like-
- Companies need extra horsepower.
- For Specialized skills
- To be in Safe Zone
- To know what is going outside.
- They hire to teach their staff
- Hiring a consultant enables Cost Benefits
- Hiring the right people in a way to not only check qualifications but their motivation and dedication towards work.
- Advertisement of your Products or Brands in a way that your marketing team focuses on awareness of the product.
- Maintain consistency in providing good services.
- Inspire and motivate your employees is the root cause to make an organization profitable.
There are some principles of ethical consulting like-
- Don't betray your client.
- Keep your client's information confidential unless the client requests otherwise.
- Avoid dependency in both ways like on you by your client and by you on your client.
This Consulting Interview Question varies according to your situation and hence there could be many answers for it-
- I want to work in a type of environment where I am facing new challenges and this is one.
- I love interacting with new people. Here client interaction will meet my that requirement too.
- By organizing KICKOFF Meetings.
- Make the goal and success of your project visible to everyone on the team.
- Interact with your team on a regular basis.
There are some ideas that should be part of the Sales Meetings like-
- Start with a positive note.
- Share all organizational Information.
- Show what you have learned.
- Track all progress together.
It is not good to have too many clients for an agency as this leads to confusion and deviating work on a negative track.
After a discussion with many agencies and organizations, to attain maximum benefits and profit an organization should have 10-20 active clients.
This Consulting Interview Question varies from person to person. There are many leadership styles like Autocratic, Authoritative, Democratic, Coaching, etc. However to choose what is your style you must know the following points-
- Know about yourself.
- Should know and familiar with all leadership styles
- Practice makes a leader.
Be straight and truthful to this question. You have a very good opportunity to show your resolution and problem-solving skills in front of the interviewer.
STAR method you can tell them i.e. Situation, Task, Action, and Result.
The more you go through the Consulting Interview Question and Answers, the better interview will be. Throughout this article, I have shown you limited but basic interview questions that are normally asked during the interview. Practice more of them and you will break it.