Angular 8 interview questions
Angular is one of the foremost frameworks, has released its latest version namely Angular 8 on 23rd of May, 2019. The latest version of Angular is incorporated with unique and attractive features. In general, Angular 8 supports new and unique features such as CLI (Command Line Interface), core framework and angular material library. Angular 8 Interview Questions And Answers contain these important questions and answers. Read them carefully and score well.
|Latest Version||Angular 9.0. released on November 2019|
Best Angular 8 interview questions And Answers
Angular 8 it has following new features such as
- Differential loading- It is a technique that automatically makes your angular applications more performant. When you build applications for production, two bundles are created- One bundle for Modern browsers that support ES6+ and another bundle for older browsers that only support ESS.
- Dynamic imports for lazy routes- In Angular version 8 there is nothing new in the concept of lazy routes itself but the syntax has totally changed. In the older version of Angular CustomString Syntax is used, but angular 8 uses standard dynamic import syntax so the syntax which is customized to Angular is migrated to industrial standard.
- Bazel- It is a building tool through which angular developer can build backends and frontends.
In Angular 8, Bazel is a new build system and it is available for a short period of time. It is the new feature of Angular 8, which provides a platform to make your backends and frontends with a similar tool. It has the possibility to have remote builds as well as cache on the build farm.
|Both synchronous as well as asynchronous||Always asynchronous|
|Can emit multiple values||Provides only one single value|
|It is lazy||It is eager|
Angular uses TypeScript because:
- It has a wide range of tools
- It’s a superset of Angular
- It makes abstractions explicit
- It makes the code easier to read and understand.
- It takes most of the usefulness within a language and brings it into a JS environment without forcing you out.
|Angular 7||Angular 8|
|Angular 7 is difficult to use||Angular 8 is easier to use|
|It has features such as Virtual scrolling, CLI prompts, Application performance, Drag, and drop, Bundle budget, Angular compiler, Angular elements, NativeScript, Better error handling, etc.||It has unique and advanced level features such as Differential Loading, Ivy rendering Engine, API builders, Bazel support, Support for $location, Router backward compatibility, Opt-In Usage sharing, web- workers, etc.|
|Breaking changing in Angular 7 are- Component Dev Kit (CKD), Material design library and virtual scrolling.||Breaking changing in Angular 8 are- Core framework, Angular, material library and CLI.|
|It will support a lower version of typescript version 3.4.||It will not support a lower version of typescript version 3.4.|
|It supports all types Node.js version||It supports Node.js version 12 or later|
Here are the limitations of a Web Worker:
- A web worker cannot directly manipulate the DOM
- It has limited access to methods and properties of the window object.
- It cannot be run directly from the file system. A web worker needs a server to run.
Angular 8 has advanced level features which ensure systematic workflow and performance improvements. It has apparent features such as differential loading, CLI workflow improvements, Dynamic imports for lazy routes, Ivy rendering engine, Bazel, etc.
A Service Worker is used in Angular 8 to build the basic steps of converting an application into a Progressive Web App (PWA). Service workers function as network proxies and intercepting all outgoing HTTP requests made by the application and how to respond.
The main features of Bazel are-
- It is an internal build tool, through which application can be customized.
- It also tests the action and performance of multiple machines.
- It constructs a graph through which you can identify the useful information.
- It also supports customization.
Steps to upgrade Angular 7 to 8
- Install TypeScript 3.4
- Use Node LTS 10.16 or its advanced version
- Run command on terminal panel/CLI -> ng update @angular/[email protected]/core
Alternative- use URL link- https://update.angular.io/
Here are the top new features of Angular 9
- An undecorated class migration schematic added to the core.
- Numeric Values are accepted in the formControlName.
- Selector-less directives have now been allowed as base classes in View Engine in the compiler.
- Conversion of ngtsc diagnostics to ts.Diagnostics is possible
NgUpgrade in Angular 8 is a library which is used to integrate both Angular and AngularJS components in an application and also help in bridging the dependency injection systems in both Angular & AngularJS.
ng lint command is used to run static code analysis within an Angular application.
Steps for the Installation of Angular 8 environmental setup
Before installing Angular IDE using Angular CLI tool, make sure that Node.js has already installed in your system.
- 1. If Node.js is not installed in your system install it using the following steps.
- The basic requirement of Angular 8 is Node.js version 110.9.0 or later.
- Download it using https//nodejs.org/en/
- Install it on your system
- Open node.js command prompt
- Check the version run command, node-v in the console window
In order to install Angular CLI, use the following commands
2) npm install –g @angular/cli or npm install –g @angular/[email protected]
To check the node and angular CLI version, run command ng –version on the console terminal
Angular 8 introduced a number of new and unique options to runGuardsAndResolvers. In general, runGuardsAndResolvers is an option which is used for the Angular router configuration in order to control the resolvers and guards. The first option available in runGuardsAndResolvers is pathParamsChange. Through, this option router will re-run the guards and resolvers. Whenever you want to control over the resolvers and guards, use runGuardsAndResolvers option in Angular 8.
In Angular 8, the framework does not interpret components in an incremental DOM. It uses component references instructions, and if it does not refer to a particular instruction, it shall be left unused. Now, VIrtual DOM requires an external interpreter. Hence, not knowing which components to display, everything is shifted to the browser, making the DOM shakeable.
|Real DOM||Virtual DOM|
|DOM is a language-neutral interface allowing programs and scripts to dynamically access and update multiple objects like content, structure, and style of a document.||Is a collection of modules designed to provide a declarative way to represent the DOM for an application.|
|The DOM represents the document as nodes and objects.||A virtual DOM object is a representation of a DOM object, like a lightweight copy.|
The working of typesofchecks in Angular 8 is similar with the enabled and disabled flag, which means if you want to test whether the selected value is an object or not, then the following syntax is used " Typeof value = = = 'object' ". In angular 8 the folwing types of checks are used such as “Typeof value.ngOnDestroy = = = 'function' “.
It develops a client-side mobile application and desktop web-based application. Moreover, Angular 8 has enabled set of partner launches such as Angular console (for running Angular project on system), NativeScript (platform for development mobile-based applications with angular), StackBlitz (for integrating IDE and NativeScript for the development of mobile-based applications with Angular), #angular/fire (for the Integration of Firebase with Angular).