WPF Interview questions
WPF is an abbreviated form of Windows Presentation Foundation. It is the next-generation User Interface (UI) framework of Microsoft. WPF is used to create applications with better UX. Besides, WPF is an integral part of the .NET framework 3.0. It is used to combine 3D graphics, 2D graphics, documents, multimedia, and UI’s into a single framework. We have a number of WPF interview questions that will help you to crack WPF interviews.
Advantages of WPF
- Provides attractive and rich-featured UI
- Easier animation and special effects
- WPF builds on DirectX rather than on WinAPI
- The framework uses a vector graphics system
- WPF support flow document model
- Supports “rich data visualization”
Best WPF Interview questions And Answers
WPF stands for Windows Presentation Foundation which is used to create interactive and attraction applications. It is a vector-based rendering engine that uses hardware-accelerated modern graphic cards.
This is used to create faster, scalable, dynamic resolution-independent and interactive UI.
WinForms stands for Windows Forms which is a Graphical User Interface (GUI). It is a subset of Microsoft .NET mono-framework. It provides a platform for users to develop applications for handheld devices.
WPF stands for Windows Presentation Foundation which is a rendering engine used for the development of interactive UI.
In WPF, resources are the objects that can be used anywhere in the WPF application for customization. In WPF resources are of two types namely-
1. Static Resources- These are the resources which cannot be manipulated or modified during runtime. These can be evaluated for once by the implicit element which refers during XAML loading.
2. Dynamic Resources- These are the resources which can be manipulated and modified during runtime. These resources can be evaluated during runtime.
In WPF, MVVM stands for Model View ViewModel which is an architectural pattern used for presentation Model design pattern. The operational working of MVVM is based on MVC (Model-View-Controller). With the help of MVVM, client applications leverage the core characteristics of the WPF framework. With the help of this model, developers can build applications with fewer technical difficulties.
Latest version- WPF 4.5
We have provided a collection of WPF Interview Questions that have been asked frequently in the WPF interviews.
Disadvantages of WPF
- WPF runs on Windows 2000 or lower version
- WPF's inbox control suite is far more limited than WinForms