VB.net Interview Questions
An Overview of VB.NET
Visual Basic .NET, or VB.NET, is a general-purpose, an object-oriented programming language that is implemented on the .NET Framework. On our website, we have provided potential vb net interview questions. Evolution of Visual Basic language, VB.NET is not backward-compatible with VB6. Therefore, any code written in the previous version will not compile under the new VB.NET.
VB.NET is a structured language that produces efficient programs. Similar to all of the .NET languages, VB.NET is easy to learn and has full support for the concept of object-oriented language. Everything in VB.NET is treated as an object, including primitive types, user-defined types, and even assemblies. Because VB.NET was implemented on the .NET framework of Microsoft, it has full access to all the libraries in the.Net Framework. You can also run VB.NET programs on Mono, which is an open-source alternative to .NET Framework. Visit our website to watch the most popular vb net interview questions and answers. Also, it is also beneficial because the .NET Framework works not only under Windows but also on Linux and Mac OS.
Designed and developed by Mircosoft to leverage .NET framework classes and runtime environment. This information is mostly asked during vb net interview questions. VB.NET has evolved from Visual Basic 6. Its first version, VB 7.0, was released in 2002.
Its latest updated version, VB 15.8, was released in August 2018.
VB.Net has some robust features that make it a popular language among developers:
Our unique extensively researched visual basic exam questions and answers are the best way to prepare for job interviews.
- Assembly Versioning
- Standard Library
- Conditional Compilation
- Properties and Events
- Simple Multithreading
- Delegates and Events Management
- Boolean Conditions
- Easy-to-use Generics
- Automatic Garbage Collection
Most Frequently Asked VB.net Interview Questions And Answers With Examples:
- What is VB.Net and why it is used?
- What are the advantages of VB.net? Explain
- Explain the difference between VB and VB.Net?
- What is the latest version of VB.Net?
- Explain the difference between .NET and VB Net?
- Explain the difference between C# and VB.Net?
- What is JIT in VB.Net also explain its types?
- What are an assembly and its use in VB.Net? Explain
- What are Option Strict and Option Explicit in VB.Net?
- Explain the differences between Dispose and Finalize() in VB.Net?
- What do you mean by Garbage Collection?
- Explain the difference between System.String and System.StringBuilder classes?
- Explain the difference between Dataset and DataReader?
- What do you mean by TRACE in VB.Net?
- Explain Authentication and Authorization?
- Please explain the types of Authentication?
- Please explain the Global Assembly Cache (GAC)?
- Please explain CLR, CTS, and CLS in VB.Net?
- Explain the difference between int and int32?
- What is message box function in VB.Net?
- What class and how to declare a class in VB.net?
- Explain Data validation in VB Net?
- What do you mean by Redim variable in VB.NET?
- Explain the Mouse Events in VB.NET?
- What are class access modifiers in VB.Net?
Here are some of the advantages of VB.NET:
- Handles pointers indirectly which makes apps more stable and secure.
- VB functionalities can be used using Microsoft.VisualBasic namespace.
- Provides managed code execution that results in robust applications.
- Supports optional parameters that make interoperability easier.
- XML is used to transfer data between various layers, which makes data to e passed as text strings.
|1.||Platform dependent||Platform Independent|
|2.||Backward compatible||Not backward compatible|
|4.||Develops multi-thread apps||Does not develop multi-threaded apps|
.Net is a framework developed by Microsoft, whereas VB.Net is an object-oriented, general-purpose programming language.
Have you read our rest of the VB.Net questions and answers?
|1.||Optional Parameters accepted||Optional Parameters not allowed|
|2.||Not case sensitive||Case Sensitive|
|3.||No feature for releasing unmanaged resources||‘Using’ used for releasing unmanaged resources|
|4.||Supports structured and unstructured error handling||Only supports informal error handling|
JIT in VB.Net is also called as Just in Time. It is nothing but a compiler that plays a part during runtime execution. In VB.Net, we have three types of JIT:
- Pre-JIT: It compiles MSIL code into native code in one compilation cycle.
- Econo-JIT: It compiles methods that are called at runtime and removes them from memory after execution.
- Normal JIT: It compiles methods that are only called at runtime.
An assembly is an element of any .NET app. It is called a primary unit or building blocks for all .NET applications. It can either be a DLL or an executable file. Keep visiting our website for in-depth vb net interview questions.
There are two types of assemblies - Private Assembly and Shared Assembly.
To avoid data loss during conversion, VB.Net uses the Strict Option keyword. It ensures compile-time notification of data type conversions.
Option Explicit is another keyword that is used in a file to declare variables using declare keywords, such as Private explicitly, Dim, Protected and Public. However, if undeclared variables persist, an error will occur during the compile time.
|1.||Called by Garbage collector||Handled by IDisposable interface|
|2.||Help get rid of unmanaged resources.||Helps in releasing unused resources.|
|3.||It is called only when there are no valid references.||Called even if other references are alive.|
Garbage collection, also called automatic memory management, is used to recycle dynamically allocated memory automatically. This function is performed by Garbage collector that reclaims memory if it gets proved that mind will stay unused.
|2.||Does not uses Append keyword||Uses Append keyword|
|1.||Cannot persist content||Persists contents|
|2.||Connected architecture||Disconnected architecture|
TRACE feature in VB.Net allows the user to view if the code is working fine and if it has been executed in the right manner. This feature belongs to the system.process.diagnostics namespace. A lot of recent vb net objective questions and answers were based on this information.
Global Assembly Cache (GAC) stores assemblies that are specifically required for sharing by multiple applications on a computer. GAC is often used when the either.Net assembly has a unique security requirement, or if .Net applications have to be shared with other applications.
|S.no||Common Language Runtime (CLR)||Common Type System (CTS)||Common Language Specification (CLS)|
|1.||Forms basis of the .NET framework||Used for communicating between languages||Subset of CTS|
|2.||Manages Garbage Collection, Code Verification, Code Access Security, and Intermediate Language.||Subset of CLS||Used to unite languages under one umbrella|
|1.||Base class of int||primitive data type|
|2.||Represents 32-bit integer||Not a keyword in VB.Net|
It is a dialog box that displays information related to the application to the user. However, unlike a regular form, a user cannot type any text in the message box. To support the message box feature, VB.Net provides a MsgBox function.
Many candidates were asked about the elements in the latest versions during vb net interview questions.
Each object in VB.Net is defined by the class. A class can act as a data type and describe the variables, procedures, and properties of any given object. As we know, objects are just instances of different classes; and it is possible to create as many objects as we want once we have defined a class. In short, a Class is a collection of different objects of similar types.
Public height As Double 'This is Height of a box'
Data validation is a process for ensuring that the data provided to a program by a user's input or a file is of correct type and format.
The different examples of Data Validation include Code Checking, Data Type Validation, Complex Validation, and Range Checking.
In VB.Net, Redim is used for changing the size, modifying or manipulating an array that has already been declared. This functionality can also help the developers add or free up elements for a collection. We can help you prepare for visual basic exam questions and answers by educating you in-depth about this language.
In VB.Net, there are two types of events - Mouse events and keyboard events. Mouse events happen through the actions, such as mouse move and click, on a form. These are mouse events in VB.Net:
Class access modifiers (CAM) are keywords that are used to specify the declared accessibility of the member or an object of a class. There are five types of modifiers:
- Protected internal