Symfony 2 interview questions
An Overview of Symfony 2
Symfony2 is embracing high standards. It is centered around HTTP specification and PHP standards. These standards make Symfony2 interoperable with amazing PHP libraries. Using the Dependency Injection (DI) pattern, the framework has a built-in DI Container, which makes it flexible and easy to customize. Hiring managers will be impressed if you have this information during Symfony 2 interview questions and answers
In addition to being a full-stack framework, it also has cohesive and decoupled components. The 21 elements in Symphony2 have their Git repositories and can be used as standalone libraries. The Web configurator in Symfony2 makes installation and configuration fast and easy.
Development History of Symfony
Sponsored by SensioLabs, a French company, the initial name of Symfony was Sensio Framework. From version 2 onwards, it was renamed as Symfony. You can learn more about versions if you are preparing for Symfony 2 interview questions.
In Symfony 2 series, 2.8 was the last version, which was released in November 2015. The current stable version is 4.2, which was released in November 2018.
This is an essential topic in Symfony 2 interview questions for experienced professionals.
- Web Debug Toolbar and Profiler make debugging of application easy.
- Not only displays the error message, but also traces the whole stack in one-click.
- Comes with time-based attacks protection
- Great documentation
- Components are tested, configurable and secured.
You can also find here Symfony Interview Questions and Answers
Best Symfony 2 interview questions And Answers
- What is Symfony 2 and explain its advantages?
- Explain the innovations in Symfony2?
- Please write the steps to install Symfony2 using composer?
- How to create Controllers in Symfony2?
- How to get current route name in Symfony?
- How to get the parameters from URL's in symfony2?
- Symfony support which template engine?
- How to create pages in Symfony2?
- How to create Controllers's Action in Symfony2?
Symfony2 is embracing high standards. It is centered around HTTP specification and PHP standards. These standards make Symfony2 interoperable with amazing PHP libraries. Using the Dependency Injection (DI) pattern, the framework has a built-in DI Container, which makes it flexible and easy to customize.
composer create-project symfony/framework-standard-edition ProjectName "2.7.*"
// You Can mention here you particular version that you want to install
Controller's file default location is
src/AppBundle/Controller Now you can create here your controller with below code.
class YourControllerName extends Controller
$request = $this->container->get('request');
$parameter1 = $request->query->get('parameter1');
public function indexAction()
return $this->render('user/login.html.twig', [ ]);