SOAP UI Interview Questions and Answers
Today searching for a job is too much difficult that searching itself becomes a job. Candidates always get confused about where they can find interview questions that could be asked by the interviewer for that particular interview. Here in this section, we have collected detailed SOAP UI Interview Questions and Answers to avoid such difficulties. Many outstanding companies offer jobs roles related to SOPUI positions like QA Engineers experienced in SOAP, SOPUI QA Analysts, Manual Testing (SOAPUI), etc. To make a career in one of the roles you need to learn concepts of SOAPUI and web services.
SOAP UI was first released in 2005 and allows its users to test web services which are SOAP-based, JMS, Restful, and many different kinds. Since the initial release, it has been downloaded more than 2,000,000 times and today it is one of the most popular API testing tools built for developers and testers. It is the only open-source tool by which the entire testing spectrum has been covered. Data of 78 companies having >10000 employees have been recorded which are using Soap UI and these companies are often found in the United States. Because of its easy-to-use interface, it is also the entry point for API Testing so that users can test SOAP & REST-based web services with ease. Let’s dive into the related question to understand its concept more clearly
Most Frequently Asked SOAP UI Interview Questions
- Test Suite level default or custom properties: A user can add multiple characteristics that can be appended at the test suite level and these characteristics can be utilized from any test step in any test case.
- Project level default or custom properties: A user can append any number of properties at the project level, and then they can be accessed from any test step which is under that test suite.
- Test Step level default or custom properties: Here number of properties can be added to a test case at the test case level, and these properties can be utilized in any test step from that test case.
It is a scripting language that includes all the java libraries internally. Groovy scripts help the users to customize and allow them to add custom validations to SOAPUI tests. Inside SOAPUI, it can be used in-
- Groovy Script Test Step
- In Script Assertion- within the test step.
It means to store the test data which includes input and expected output into an external data source like Excel, Database, XML file. A later iteration of this data source using a respective component can be done.
Data-Driven Testing using SOAP UI-
- Open the SoapUI editor and click on File > New > Functional Test and enter the .wsdl URL as shown in the image below-
- Click on Finish Button.
- To create a new test suite, right-click on “Project” and then click on “New Test Suite”.
- Right-click on “Test Suite” and click “New Test Case” to create a test case under that suite.
- Right-click on “Test Case” and then go to Add Step > Properties, values of defined variables are held by these properties.
- Now again Right-click on “Test Case” and click Add Step > SOAP Request.
- In Add Step > Groovy Script, the user has to place the groovy script and click on the “Save” option.
To test web services using SoapUI, we need to create test cases followed by these steps-
- Make a REST request from Request Popup by clicking the “Add to Test Case “ button.
- Now, Test Steps can be added to a Test Case that can be new or existing.
- The next step is to add Assertions to validate the response message.
User requires scripting to automate test cases in SOAPUI. In SOAPUI scripts are used as follows-
- By Groovy Script Test Step.
- Opening or closing of the project.
- Pre or post-execution of test cases for doing repetitive tasks such as memory clean up or initialization.
- Using SOAPUI pro, scripting of SOAP and REST can be done with a single click.
To create a Test Suite in SOAPUI, use the menu “New Test Suite” or by a particular button present on top of an array of Test Suites. To import Test Suite one of the following approaches can be chosen-
- In File Menu > Import Project option: To add an existing project.
- In File Menu > Import Preferences option: It is used to import SOAPUI settings from another setting file.
- In File Menu > Import Remote Project Option: To import a remote project in the current workspace.
- In Icons Toolbar > Import Option: Used to import an existing SOAPUI project in the current workspace.
API testing is similar to software testing except it mainly focuses on APIs. SOAPUI allows users to test SOAP and REST web services in the following ways-
- First Test Cases need to be developed using SOAPUI.
- By using the “Add to TestCase” button users have to make a REST Request.
- Assertions need to be added to validate the response message.
- First, Right-click on the Test Step node.
- Select >Add Step and Properties option from Context menu.
- Click OK once you entered the desired property name.
- For adding a property, navigate to properties screen and click > properties with groovy Script (1) icon.
- Again click OK once you entered the desired property name.
- Users can give any default value to the property.
- After that property step, a groovy script test step should be introduced.
An assertion in SOAPUI is used to validate the responses and whether the data meets the desired expectation. After you received the response to a request, follow these steps-
- Create a project and add the Web Services Description Language.
- Add Test Suite followed by a Test case and a set of Test Steps.
- Do the request execution.
Once the steps are done, the user can add the assertions-
- Navigate to the top of log tabs and Click>Add Assertions.
- Configure them according to the data and type needed.
- Create a project and include the WSDL i.e. Web Service Description Language file in the project.
- Add custom programming utilizing groovy steps by first adding test suites followed by test cases and test steps.
- If an external data source is used add assertions.
- Then RUN.
Because it is one of the most widely used web service testing applications, famous companies like Maximus, ARGO, etc. uses SOAPUI to test their web services. Therefore, thorough knowledge of SOAPUI and practicing of SOAP UI Interview Questions is a must for the candidates who want a job in this field.