Scrum Master Interview Questions and Answers
Scrum master is the most trending or respected role in all the companies nowadays with high pay. Before presenting yourself in the interview directly, it is suggested you go through the scrum master interview questions, which are going to be beneficial for you. So the Scrum framework is a must for implementing agile development. All organizations are now understanding the importance of adopting agile development.
Keeping all these things in mind we have prepared a list of 15 Scrum Master Interview Questions and Answers which the interviewer might ask. So here you go for the same.
Most Frequently Asked Scrum Master Interview Questions
|Agile is a methodology which helps in the continuous iteration of the development and testing phase||Scrum is agile that allows team members to deliver the business outcomes in the shortest period.|
|In agile software got delivers after each feedback of customers||In scrum software get delivers after each sprint|
|Leadership in a team is a key factor in Agile||Scrum is a team of self-organized people|
|Face to face communication take place in agile||In scrum, communication takes place during the time of stand-ups|
Burnt down is a graphical representation which shows how much work is left to do versus time. Through a burn-down chart, members can see how quickly a team is working to fulfill customer’s needs.
Scrum is the most widely used agile methodology in any organization as in this methodology work is done in cycles or time frame which fulfill the customer’s needs and deliver them a quality outcome.
- Agile is evolutionary
- Faster and Smaller
- Main center of attention is on customers and results
- Supports regular troubleshooting.
- Raise Productivity
- Multiple Agile practices used
Scrum master leads a development team that breaks down the requests submitted by clients into small sections known as sprints. It holds a position that looks small but has great influence in any organization with many responsibilities like to make the team understand their vision clearly, provide feedback on time, monitor the progress of the project so that they meet the deadline of the project with a productive outcome.
Note: This is one of the most common scrum master interview questions asked by the interviewer. Make sure you are preparing this one very well.
In any project, a sprint is considered as a small project which has to be completed in a given time frame. Each sprint has its specific goal like what to build and what will be the result of it. If a sprint’s time frame is too long then clarity like what to build changes and risk may increase.
For continuous improvement of a project and maintaining its agility automation is a critical component. But agile is a faster technology so agile teams also look for fast and reliable solutions. For that automated testing is the best process.
For successful project management measurement is a must. For the success of Project Management, metrics and KPIs could be used to meet business goals.
Some of them are-
- Earned Value
- Return on Investment
- Gross Profit Margin
- Customer Satisfaction
- Cost Performance
It is the smallest unit of work which is added to the sprints.
To manage work in scrum framework there are three artifacts used-
- Sprint Backlog - In Sprint backlog there is a list of everything which the team agrees to achieve. Once the sprint backlog is created no one can edit it except the development team
- Product Backlog- It is very important to have information on some features of a product. The list that contains it is known as Product Backlog and this list always gets added or subtracted and never completed.
- Potentially Releasable Product Increment- As the name suggests after completing a sprint, the team releases a product increment to check if they have covered the discussed goals.
In Agile Development, scrum teams can divide their work into a short time box to achieve their goal, and each time box is referred to as Sprint. These are the heart of any agile approach. The planned amount of work should be done within each sprint by the team. The duration of a sprint should be one week and should not be more than one month.
- Agile approach can deliver a part of the application to the customer and change according to their requirements.
- MVP (Minimal Viable Product) and MMP (Minimal Marketable Product) both are supported by agile methodology.
- Delivery on time
- Easily accessibility of products to the client during development.
- Fulfil stakeholder satisfaction
- Agile methodology money for investors can save
For quick and efficient delivery of a project agile methodology uses various tools like-
- Monday.com - It is a project management tool that has features like planning sprints, time tracking, calendar, etc.
- Nifty- This tool combines various small tools that help in completing a project lifecycle.
- ProofHub- It is all in one project management and collaboration software that can control multiple tasks.
- Freshservice- This tool has the functionality to manage to preprocess to end process means from planning to execution.
- Wrike- Communication among teams could be boosted with the help of this tool.
- Hive- This tool helps in the organization of projects and can organize it in a table, calendar, or Kanan Board view.
Daily standup or Daily scrum is a meeting in which team members discuss the current status of the project, plan to achieve their goals, discuss bugs logged by the validation or testing team. Daily Stand -Up meetings are generally held by Scrum Master.
Note: In the scrum interview questions, this question is a judgment question or you can ask the decision taker in most of the scenarios.
|Agile Methodology follows an iteration approach.||Waterfall Methodology follows a sequential approach.|
|Development and Testing can be done simultaneously in Agile.||Development and Testing are two different phases in the Waterfall.|
|There is more communication between developers, customers, and testers.||Communication is less and is only between the project managers and customers.|
|Agile is a more flexible process.||The waterfall is a less flexible process.|
|It follows an incremental approach.||A waterfall is a sequential approach.|
|Testing can be performed with the development phase in the Agile approach.||Testing comes after the development phase in the Waterfall approach.|
|Requirements can be changed in between.||Requirements can not be changed once the development phase starts.|
Above are the most common and frequent scrum master interview questions and answers asked during the interview. You can also do certifications to gain your knowledge a bit but it is very important to go through these questions to quickly brush up on all the concepts of Agile and make a success of it.