An Overview of SAP HANA
SAP HANA is an advance in-memory application development and database management platform used by developers for the real-time process of data. HANA refers here to High-performance Analytic Appliance. The in-memory computing engine allows HANA for processing data stored in RAM as opposed to reading it from a disk. This feature of SAP HANA will enable applications to offer immediate results from data analyses and customer transactions. It is designed for structured data processing from the relational database, from both SAP and non-SAP, applications and other systems quickly. Go through this specially curated list of expert picked SAP HANA interview questions to get guaranteed success with SAP HANA job interview.
It uses three styles of data replication depending on the source data; ETL based, Log based and Trigger based. The relocated structured data then gets stored directly in memory. The use of SAP HANA is increasing every passing day, so as the recruitment for experts with it. We will discuss the best set of SAP HANA interview questions further here for your knowledge gain.
- Organize, process, manage and use a more extensive set of data,
- Faster real-time analytic capability due to the use of in-memory technology.
- Achieve scalable solutions according to your business growth.
- Extreme flexibility, versatility, and compatibility
SAP Hana Interview Questions and answers
- What is SAP HANA and why it is used?
- What are the advantages of Sap HANA?
- What is the difference between SAP HANA & Oracle?
- Explain different Data Types used in SAP HANA?
- What do you mean by SAP HANA Studio?
- What are System Requirements for SAP HANA?
- Explain the difference between Column Storage and Row Storage?
- What is a Schema in SAP HANA and also explain its types?
- Explain the master controller job in SAP HANA?
- Please explain the benefits of SAP NW 7.5?
- What are the different Code-pushdown techniques?
- What is a Catalog in SAP HANA?
- Please explain the different types of views in SAP HANA?
- What is a Package in SAP HANA?
- Explain the different types of JOINS in SAP HANA?
- How SAP HANA differs from its competitors?
- What are the benefits of SLT replication?
- What do you mean by Calculation View in SAP HANA?
- What are CE functions in SAP HANA?
- What is a Decision Table and explain its types?
- What are different types of SQL Scripts?
- What are the advantages of SQL script?
- What is Metadata, Master data and Transaction data?
- What is the difference between USER DEFINED FUNCTIONS and PROCEDURES in Sap HANA?
- How is Catalog the different Content tab in SAP HANA?
- Explain Parallel Processing in SAP HANA?
- Explain Full-Text Search in SAP HANA?
- What is FUZZY search in SAP HANA?
Looking for a new job? Do not miss to read our SAP Hana Interview Questions and answers. Whether you are a fresher or an experienced, these questions and answers that can help you to crack your interview.
SAP HANA platform replicates and ingests structured data from both SAP and non-SAP relational databases, applications and other systems rapidly. It uses in-memory database technology which allows the processing of massive amounts of real-time data in a shorter time period. SAP HANA is used to process an enormous amount of data in a short time. It also can be used to treat data stored in RAM as opposed to reading it from a disk.
Here are a few of the crucial advantages of using SAP HANA:
- Acquire customer-centric application
- Enhanced user experience
- Optimum data management
- A centralized process for fewer settlement issues
- Possibility to extend the ability of HANA
|1.||It’s an in-memory, column-based data store.||It’s a relational database management system.|
|2.||Server operating systems it uses appliance or cloud service.||Server operating systems it uses AIX, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, Windows, and Solaris.|
|3.||No XML support||Supports XML.|
|4.||Server-side scripts used here is SQLScript and R.||Server-side scripts used here is PL/SQL.|
Here is the list of different data types used in SAP HANA.
- Date Times Types
- Numeric Types
- Character String
- Binary Types
- Large Object Types
- Multi-valued Types
SAP HANA Studio is an Eclipse-based IDE (Integrated Development Environment) which is used to develop artifacts in a HANA server. It enables technical users to manage the SAP HANA database better, to create new or modify existing data models and to develop and maintain user authorizations.
A set of global interviewer chosen SAP HANA interview questions as their best choice to be asked in the interviews.
Here are system requirements to install SAP HANA:
- CPU: Intel Xeon E5 – 26xx v2/v3 or Intel Xeon E7 – x8xx v1, 8 cores minimum, up to 1.5TB, 2 socket, and scale up only.
- RAM: minimum of 128 GB Ram to max memory supported by the system.
- Drives & Storage: Minimum 2 times of the memory.
- Operation system: SUSE Linux Latest or Red Hat Linux Latest
|S.no||Column Storage||Row Storage|
|1.||Table records are stored in the sequence of columns.||Here the table records will be stored in a sequence of rows.|
|2.||SAP HANA is primarily optimized for column store.||Used when the application requires to only process a single record at one time.|
In SAP HANA, Schema is used to categorize database content according to customer defined groupings which have a particular meaning for users. It also helps to determine access rights to the database objects.
There are three types of Schema used in SAP HANA:
- User Defined Schema
- System Defined Schema
- SLT Derived Schema
In SAP HANA, the master controller is used to create the database triggers and also for logging the table into the source system. A crucial role is played for the creation of the synonyms.
Here are the benefit highlights of SAP NW 7.5:
- Special dictionary tools for Eclipse
- Optimizations in HANA
- Introduction of common ABAP programming for analytical and transactional applications
- Support for Industry 4.0 scenarios
- Support of Eclipse 4.4 and Java 8 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio
- Support for Big Data
- Stable kernel
- In-app extensibility for S/4HANA
These above-mentioned SAP HANA interview questions and answers are suitable for both experienced as well as freshers.
There are three types of views available in SAP HANA, which are as follows:
- Attribute views: It provides descriptive data about the characteristics of data in the user database.
- Analytic views: It constructs a central master “fact table” with key figures.
- Calculation views: It provides a way to do complex, flexible logic in the database.
In SAP HANA, Package is used by developers to group together related content objects in SAP HANA Studio. It only contains sub-packages and cannot include repository objects. A package consists of both sun packages and repository objects.
SAP HANA has six types of Join methods available with it. Inner Join: It selects the set of records matching in both the table.
- Left Outer Join: This Join selects the complete set of records from the first table while matching a record from the second table if available.
- Right Outer Join: It works opposite to Left Outer Join. It selects the complete set of records from the second table while matching a record from the first table if available.
- Full Outer Join: This Join selects all the records available from both the table.
- Referential Join: Works with the same principle as the Inner Join by confirming a maintained referential entity maintained between the two tables.
- Text Join: It is used to select language specific specifications.
Acquire guaranteed interview success with these advance SAP HANA interview questions.
Here are the advantages of SLT replication:
- It allows data replication from multiple system sources to one HANA system and one source system to various HANA systems
- It uses a trigger based approach and has no measurable performance impact on the source system.
- It offers data filtering and transformation capability before HANA database loading.
In SAP HANA, calculation views are used by developers to consume attribute and other calculation views. They are also used to perform very complex calculations.
There are two methods available to create calculation view in SAP HANA:
- SQL Editor
- Graphical Editor
In SAP HANA, a decision table is a tabular representation of the decision-making process. It doesn’t portray static solutions or answers, and standardized the logical process and allows developers to insert the values in both the actions and conditions related to the decision.