Phonegap Interview Questions
An Overview of PhoneGap
PhoneGap is an open source solution that bridges web applications and mobiles. It requires a lot of different languages and framework to build apps for various platforms like the iPhone, Windows, and Android. PhoneGap uses a lot of technologies and their applications are standard-compliant and work with evolving browsers and cross platforms.
To know more about PhoneGap, we are mentioning some of the PhoneGap Interview Questions are useful for all types of readers.
Development History of PhoneGap
Initially, PhoneGap was by Nitobi Software. The original version of PhoneGap was distributed in the form of unique project templates that were used in Eclipse or Xcode to create hybrid mobile applications.
Latest Version: The latest version of the PhoneGap developer App is the PhoneGap desktop 0.4.1 (1.7.5+). The new release has fixed a lot of previous bug and issues.
These below mentioned PhoneGap developer interview questions are specially curated highly experienced industry professionals to help candidates in their future job success.
- Strong and Robust Backed
- Open Source application
- Flexibility regarding usage
- Compatible on all the platforms-
- Ease of Development
- Taps into the device’s hardware-
Here are some of the “PhoneGap Questions and Answers” for freshers as well as experienced candidates:
Most Frequently Asked Phonegap Interview Questions And Answers With Examples:
- What is the cost of purchasing PhoneGap?
- Is it possible to use PHP/.NET/ASP/JAVA/JSF with the PhoneGap?
- What do we use the platform of PhoneGap?
- What is PhoneGap User Interface?
- What is the basic constituent of the PhoneGap plugin?
- What is the role of implementation file in PhoneGap?
- Explain with the help of program how to upgrade the PhoneGap in Linux, Mac and Windows?
- Give some examples of the platforms which are supported by the PhoneGap?
- What do you know about a hybrid application?
- What do you mean by the CDNs in the JQuery?
- What are the different types of Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)?
- What are the different storage options which could be accessed by the PhoneGap?
- Explain the functionality of media.seekto with respect to the one-gap media API?
- Explain the functionality of media.getduration with respect to the one-gap media API?
- Name some APIs of PhoneGap?
- What is the limitation you could find of PhoneGap while using it?
- What is the basic difference found between the PhoneGap and PhoneGap build?
- Explain the architectural part of PhoneGap Applications?
- How can you create the PhoneGap plugin yourself?
- Why are developers are using PhoneGap?
- What do you know about the relation of PhoneGap and Cordova?
- How does PhoneGap simplify the job of a developer?
- What do you mean by child browser?
PhoneGap is standardized with open source implementation where the source code is available to everyone. Therefore, you don’t have to pay any cost. It is entirely free. Any developer or company can make any commercial, open source, free or any such combination with the help of the mobile application.
- On Android - it is android.webkit.WebView
- On IOS - it is Objective-C UIWebView class
The User Interface has web browser view of 100% (Height X Width) of the screen.
The implementation file helps the PhoneGap to build up the coordination with the original phone features.
To Upgrade PhoneGap in Linux and Mac:
$Sudo nmp install-g PhoneGap
To Upgrade PhoneGap in Windows:
C:/> nmp install-g PhoneGap
Android, Tizen, Blackberry OS, Bada, Symbian, Windows etc. However, the earlier versions did support other mobile platforms but then the support was taken back from these platforms.
The main beauty of hybrid application is that it has the feature of the native application and as well as the web applications. Native Applications are installed locally (in the mobile device) and Web Applications use multiple platform and made available to user via Internet Browser.
There are three different types of Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)
- Microsoft AXJ CDN
- Google AXJ API CDN
- JQuery CDN
The different storage options which could be accessed by the PhoneGap are local storage store, memory store and web SQL store.
The functionality of media.seekto with respect to the one-gap media API is to update the position of the audio file which is a part of the media object.
The functionality of media.getduration with respect to the one-gap media API is to return the duration of the media file to seconds, and in any case, if the duration is not known then it will return it to the value -1.
Camera, Battery Status, Contact, Device Motion and Orientation, Globalization, File Transfer, Geo Location, Whitelist, Status Bar, Screen Splash, Media Capture, Vibration, Network Information and so on are some of the APIs of PhoneGap.
The limitation of PhoneGap are
- Slow data processing speed.
- No support for the background running applications.
- Can’t access the advanced graphics of device in compared with the native system.
- Arises complexity while trying to access the complicated business logic.
- Many of the native APIs are not supported by the PhoneGap which cause the problem in the device.
The PhoneGap is a type of framework for the developers which is used during the process of mobile application development while the PhoneGap build is the type of cloud-based service which is built above the PhoneGap framework.
The development of PhoneGap application is same as the other mobile application but the basic difference is the initial HTML asset is available locally while on other mobile application it is present in the remote server.
- Develop a new directory in your original plugin directory
- Make an object C class which could extend the PhoneGap command which is available in the new directory
Cordova is an engine that supports PhoneGap. It is similar to the Webkit that supports Chrome. At present, the difference comes with the name only, the download package is same in both the scenarios.
It is inbuilt with a great technology which makes it a suitable framework from every type of the mobile application developer.